The hubs and his new toy.

ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited July 8, 2011 in People
He got a new bow for his birthday. It's our goal to one day be able to supply all of our own food between hunting and gardening. :thumb

On another note, I'd love to hear your constructive thoughts when you see this picture and would much appreciate it!
I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    Because we can't see his face, my feeling is that this photo is about the toy - as per your subject line.

To improve the photo, especially if you want this to be about him rather than the toy, is maybe shoot from the other side of him. Get his face involved. Maybe move to a point in front of him (but definitely out of the line of fire) so we can see his concentration and focus.

While the black background ensures we are not distracted by the background, it might be even more fun to put the shot in something approaching a more "true to life" context.

I don't know, these are just some thoughts that occurred to me.
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    Have him aim higher so that it at least resembles a fair fight.

Malte
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    Malte wrote: »
    Have him aim higher so that it at least resembles a fair fight.

Malte

Sorry for the stink I put on that, not a big fan of hunting. The tip's real though, aim higher to look like a hero.

Malte
  • ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    so we can see his concentration and focus.

While the black background ensures we are not distracted by the background, it might be even more fun to put the shot in something approaching a more "true to life" context..

I appreciate your input very much. You must have a great mind because I actually had tried that very shot, but didn't get it spot on like I would have liked. And honestly, it was more about the toy (and his muscles mwink.gif) that tripped MY trigger at the moment. lol....

And as far as the background, I completely agree, but he had his target all set up right in front of the poll shed door which was open. That's more or less why I blacked it out. I didn't think to have him move somewhere with better background, I will have to try this shoot again! This was kind of me catching him after he snuck out of bed to go play with his new toy so it was rather rushed.

Much appreciate the ideas and the input. It ALWAYS helps me think of something not thought of. Sometimes I feel like when you're "in the moment" with someone that is connected emotionally like no other, (family, friends), it's harder to think of the technical things sometimes. =]] Have a spiffy day
    I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
  • ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    Malte wrote: »
    Sorry for the stink I put on that, not a big fan of hunting. The tip's real though, aim higher to look like a hero.

Malte

lol!!! I agree and will add that to my list of to-do's when I retry this shoot again. (Trying to build the manlier side of my portfolio so I'm not only drawing in families and kids. I want Dad's to enjoy pictures too!) ... I should have done exactly that to put him in a more "superior" pose, for sure... but if you know a man with a new hunting gadget, it's almost against man-code to interrupt. You should have seen the guff I got when I tried to take pictures of the target he was shooting at before he had all 6 arrows in it!! lmao. Maybe after it's not so new, it will be easier to command.

Thanks again!! Always appreciative.