wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited July 10, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
599-spirit-r1525r0207-v5.jpg

-
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 8, 2011
    clap.gifclap.gif Do you have additional plans for this? I think it would be great to combine with a rugged desert vista in the foreground. There seems to be a hint of that already, but it could be more explicit.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    clap.gifclap.gif Do you have additional plans for this? I think it would be great to combine with a rugged desert vista in the foreground. There seems to be a hint of that already, but it could be more explicit.

Thank you Richard- That sounds like a great idea. I'm noticing three issues I need to resolve though; the border I cropped funny, the vignetting, and the right eyebrow seems to be a bit long compared to the left (which I lost early on in processing). I've been thinking about shooting a desert scene, twice, on the same day; with the sun at the same angle (equal length of shadows) in the morning and afternoon. In this case it would match the two light sources. Or. possibly a twilight shot with no shadows and ultra-rich colors?

-I got to say, I like photography, but this stuff is mega-intense to me.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    This is AWESOME!!!!

Is the face in sand or snow? Looks like snow to me. Doesn't matter tho .. it's great. Larger eyebrow on the right doesn't bother me. Eyebrows are never the same anyway so this makes it look more natural.

Eyes are darn sharp .. really adds the 'pop' to pull my eyes in thumb.gif
    edited July 8, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    This is AWESOME!!!!

Is the face in sand or snow? Looks like snow to me. Doesn't matter tho .. it's great. Larger eyebrow on the right doesn't bother me. Eyebrows are never the same anyway so this makes it look more natural.

Eyes are darn sharp .. really adds the 'pop' to pull my eyes in thumb.gif

Thanks Mary. The white stuff is a lenticular cloud near sunset. I flopped it over to make the shape on the bottom left and faded in my oldest (20yrs) grand daughter's eyes. I made the shot with a 10mm wide angle and told her I wanted a 'close up'--She was laughing so hard, I was about a foot away. Her eyes are light blue and tend to sparkle (IMO).

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    wfeller wrote: »
    Thanks Mary. The white stuff is a lenticular cloud near sunset. I flopped it over to make the shape on the bottom left and faded in my oldest (20yrs) grand daughter's eyes. I made the shot with a 10mm wide angle and told her I wanted a 'close up'--She was laughing so hard, I was about a foot away. Her eyes are light blue and tend to sparkle (IMO).

-

Clouds .. well I'll be darn :D Wouldn't of known that.

Your grand daughter has beautiful eyes and they do sparkle thumb.gif

You did some marvelous work on this one.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 8, 2011
    wfeller wrote: »
    I've been thinking about shooting a desert scene, twice, on the same day; with the sun at the same angle (equal length of shadows) in the morning and afternoon. In this case it would match the two light sources. Or. possibly a twilight shot with no shadows and ultra-rich colors?

-I got to say, I like photography, but this stuff is mega-intense to me.

-
    Twilight sounds easier. I think you would have to shoot from exactly the same spot using exactly the same focal length to pull off the dual shadow trick, though it might be cool if you did.

People who have never attempted composites tend to think that it's all a matter of Photoshop, which is really the easy part. Getting the POV, perspective and light right--angle, intensity, color--are the hard parts, and it requires a lot of thinking and planning. Not to mention coming up with the ideas in the first place. thumb.gif
    edited July 9, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Clouds .. well I'll be darn :D Wouldn't of known that.

Your grand daughter has beautiful eyes and they do sparkle thumb.gif

You did some marvelous work on this one.

Thank you again Mary. I enjoy working with all 4 of the grand daughters and my grandson. The little girl, age 5, likes to pose and won't take direction well--Yet. They all have different 'looks' to them.
    Richard wrote: »
    Twilight sounds easier. I think you would have to shoot from exactly the same spot using exactly the same focal length to pull off the dual shadow trick, though it might be cool if you did.

People who have never attempted composites tend to think that it's all a matter of Photoshop, which is really the easy part. Getting the POV, perspective and light right--angle, intensity, color--are the hard parts, and it requires a lot of thinking and planning. Not to mention coming up with the ideas in the first place. thumb.gif

Compositing is so much fun. I like going through my cloud library and thinking over what would look good with which and what can be done and has to be shot. There are some added dimensions to this that even become more interesting when I think about concepts I've read about in philosophy, theology or psychology and how to illustrate them through surrealistic interpretations. Paying attention to my dreams has been interesting. I've heard of many artists, and even cultures, that utilize dreams. My 18 yr old grandson was telling me that one of his friends attended a workshop to learn how to control his dreams. I may make that a project in the near future. There's a major difference in telling someone about your dreams and showing them. I still enjoy landscapes. I'm just not so concerned with serendipity, and can relax instead of forcing myself to achieve a product that so many others make better more often. For this the end result of my landscapes turnout better now. It's strange how that works. The most important thing, is self-acceptance. I'm not so reliant on others and have more confidence in my individual artistic expression.
    Anybody can do it.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 10, 2011
    Freaky cool. I like it. thumb.gif
    edited July 10, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Freaky cool. I like it. thumb.gif

Thanks!

-
    Anybody can do it.