Options

DSS#80....New contenders, opinions needed

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited July 11, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am a sucker for laundry lines:dunno
Anyhoo, here are three new contenders, which I will likely decide from, and not even consider my first shots I posted.
I know which one I like best, but I would love to hear from you all...
Thanks in advance!

1. Paired Up
i-wTH3sTJ-L.jpg

2. Blowin in the Wind
i-mSc8Xsg-M.jpg

3. Sun Dried
i-wNrvcrq-L.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    I can relate - My preference is #2, then #1. In fact I really like the overall feeling of #2 the best with the angle and softness. GP
  • Options
    powderpowder Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    What a great idea! now I'm a sucker for laundry lines too. :) beautiful pics.
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2011
    GretaPics wrote: »
    I can relate - My preference is #2, then #1. In fact I really like the overall feeling of #2 the best with the angle and softness. GP

Does #2 need more contrast? or does it look okay?
    powder wrote: »
    What a great idea! now I'm a sucker for laundry lines too. :) beautiful pics.

:D Yeah I think I could probably put together a book with all the laundry line shots I have! So do you have a favorite of the three?
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. I LOVE laundry lines and don't have one any more.

I love these shots! #2, then #1.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    I'll buck the trend and say I like #3. I wish there was a little bit more of the left of the picture in the scene, but then again, this is about breaking the rules. I guess I'm a sucker for those stars.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. I LOVE laundry lines and don't have one any more.

I love these shots! #2, then #1.

Thanks Sandi!
    Karin

• Options
    edited July 10, 2011
    ghinson wrote: »
    I'll buck the trend and say I like #3. I wish there was a little bit more of the left of the picture in the scene, but then again, this is about breaking the rules. I guess I'm a sucker for those stars.

I tried a slightly different crop to use all I had on the left, which isn't much more, but how's this version of #3

3a. Sun Dried
    i-zmBvDqg-L.jpg
    Karin

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    I also love laundry on the line. It takes me back to hanging laundry with my mother at my grandmother's house. Take note all you Moms - doing chores with Mom creates good, strong memories. :D

And these are all very nice.

I think I like the first #3 best. I really like the bright bokeh in the BG on the right.
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    I also love laundry on the line. It takes me back to hanging laundry with my mother at my grandmother's house. Take note all you Moms - doing chores with Mom creates good, strong memories. :D

And these are all very nice.

I think I like the first #3 best. I really like the bright bokeh in the BG on the right.

Thanks Karen........hmmmm decisions, decisions!
    Karin

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    I like these a lot! More 2 and 3, and actually more 3.

Very, very nice photos!!!

On #3, I would try to crop the right side, right to where the line starts. The skirt will be cut, but I think this will give more interest.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    I like these a lot! More 2 and 3, and actually more 3.

Very, very nice photos!!!

On #3, I would try to crop the right side, right to where the line starts. The skirt will be cut, but I think this will give more interest.

Thanks for the input Tatiana, unfortunately I may not be able to enter this round unless we get our power back. We had a nasty storm come thru this morning and it looks like we may be out for days. I'm posting from my phone now, so we'll see
    Karin

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    3 is very nice thumb.gif Sorry about your power outage. Hope that things work none the less.
    Michael
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    ic4u wrote: »
    Thanks for the input Tatiana, unfortunately I may not be able to enter this round unless we get our power back. We had a nasty storm come thru this morning and it looks like we may be out for days. I'm posting from my phone now, so we'll see

Hmm, what about going to the library, or in a hotel lobby...?
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    Well, Karin, I think my preference would be #2 with some additional contrast and, possibly, a little vignette. It's sometimes difficult, without actually messing around with the image, to make suggestions. Anyway, it's just my opinion. Good luck with your power outage. I'm dealing with the same thing at one of our facilities in Rockford, Illinois. Been out of power all day and is just now coming back on line.
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    Well, Karin, I think my preference would be #2 with some additional contrast and, possibly, a little vignette. It's sometimes difficult, without actually messing around with the image, to make suggestions. Anyway, it's just my opinion. Good luck with your power outage. I'm dealing with the same thing at one of our facilities in Rockford, Illinois. Been out of power all day and is just now coming back on line.
    Thanks Dave, hey Rockfords not too far from me, it appears we definitely won't be getting power back tonight, so I think I'm out for this challenge, and I am sad because it's been awhile since I've felt good about any of my entries. Anyone know of a way to enter it using your iPhone? I have the images in my smugmug, but don't know how to access it to enter it using my phone.... Any help is appreciated, by the way I am not able to go anywhere to access another Internet connection tonight, I'm stuck here
    Karin

• Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    Do you have the SmugMug app? Not sure if it helps, I have it on my Android. It allows me to save an image from my SmugMug site to my phone. I assume that I could then download it to the Dgrin site but have never tried it.
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    Do you have the SmugMug app? Not sure if it helps, I have it on my Android. It allows me to save an image from my SmugMug site to my phone. I assume that I could then download it to the Dgrin site but have never tried it.[/QUOTE

I will give it a try, thanks for the suggestion
    Karin

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    ic4u wrote: »
    Thanks Dave, hey Rockfords not too far from me, it appears we definitely won't be getting power back tonight, so I think I'm out for this challenge, and I am sad because it's been awhile since I've felt good about any of my entries. Anyone know of a way to enter it using your iPhone? I have the images in my smugmug, but don't know how to access it to enter it using my phone.... Any help is appreciated, by the way I am not able to go anywhere to access another Internet connection tonight, I'm stuck here

Can you send it to someone from your phone who could upload it for you? I've only got a dumb phone, but I could handle an email.
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    Another thumb.gif for #3!.

Hope the power is back. Nevertheless, they're terrific photos (says another laundry fan)!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    You all are awesome and I so appreciate the support, unfortunately I still have no power, my cell phone coverage goes in and out so basically sucks tonight, i'm PMSing and I figure I'm outta luck this round! Oh well, I got some great feedback from my fellow photog friends so there's the silver lining! Thanks guys and gals!
    Karin