Old Pier, Dunedin, New Zealand

DerwoodDerwood Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited July 13, 2011 in Landscapes
These old pier supports are no doubt old hat for local photographers, but irresistible for an out-of-towner.

Comments

• W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    Derwood wrote: »
    These old pier supports are no doubt old hat for local photographers, but irresistible for an out-of-towner.
    Nice image! thumb.gif

It looks very similar to the subject of the third-placed image here, and included in the Flickr show here, although your capture is at a lower tide. I'd like to shoot this myself sometime - I must add it to my list!
    edited July 10, 2011
    Nice image! thumb.gif
    BTW you appear to have a sensor dust spot showing up in the clouds in a line directly above the broken-off post!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    Old hat or not, this is awesome. Is there a mountain on the horizon line between the posts, or is that a fancy wave?
    edited July 11, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    Old hat or not, this is awesome. Is there a mountain on the horizon line between the posts, or is that a fancy wave?
    It's an island just offshore. nod.gif
  • DerwoodDerwood Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2011
    BTW you appear to have a sensor dust spot showing up in the clouds in a line directly above the broken-off post!

Fixed! Thanks for that. It's not a dust spot - rather a moisture spot of some description. I need to get it swabbed.

Thanks for the feedback folks - I have a couple more but as a newbie here it looks as if I can only post one at a time.
  • nazquelnazquel Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2011
    hi derwood... i might look to add a bit of contrast to the upper poles against the clouds. just a thought. nice composition!!
    Navin Sarma

Washington, D.C., based landscape and fine art photographer

http://navinsarmaphotography.com/
  • DerwoodDerwood Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    nazquel wrote: »
    hi derwood... i might look to add a bit of contrast to the upper poles against the clouds. just a thought. nice composition!!

Thanks for that. Will have a play. Here's another angle..