i-kRHHTNV-XL.jpg

C&C Always Appreciated :D

Comments

• wolf911wolf911 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    nice series, lovin #4 with the huge clouds
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    This is a grogeous set, Karl! Love them all, and how much juicy color you were able to catch.
  • nazquelnazquel Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    #5 is my fave, karl... i think in number one you did a great job of processing the blue hues of the mountains without overdoing it in the slightest!
    Navin Sarma

Washington, D.C., based landscape and fine art photographer

http://navinsarmaphotography.com/
  • karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    wolf911 wrote: »
    nice series, lovin #4 with the huge clouds

Thanks! Those were the remnants of a storm system that was passing through. Often you either have too many clouds (great for waterfalls but not vistas) or not enough clouds. This time the clouds were quite nice for the whole weekend.
    schmoo wrote: »
    This is a grogeous set, Karl! Love them all, and how much juicy color you were able to catch.

Thanks, schmoo! Shooting conditions were all over as it was rather hazy most of the time, but at dawn and dusk the conditions were quite nice :D
    nazquel wrote: »
    #5 is my fave, karl... i think in number one you did a great job of processing the blue hues of the mountains without overdoing it in the slightest!

Thanks, nazquel! If you like #5 -- let me share this alternate version as #6:

IMG0316-clean1-1-1-2-XL.jpg

Thanks for all the replies! :D
  • joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    I like how you caught the clouds separating the mountains in # 1 and #3. Lovely.
    edited July 15, 2011
    joe-bob wrote: »
    I like how you caught the clouds separating the mountains in # 1 and #3. Lovely.

Thanks, joe-bob! Appreciate the feedback :D
  • chickendropchickendrop Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    I love the detail of the clouds in #4
  • ranran Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    Karl you've got some nice shots .I would like to see the very last image done as a pano without the bldg in bottom right ,just the road and on.
    Thanks randall
    Randall -FINE ART : FOR OFFICE AND HOME
    branhamphoto.com
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2011
    Nice set, I'm really liking #5 too, I think the original rather than the last one posted. Watch out for the vignetting in the corners.
    edited July 17, 2011
    I love the detail of the clouds in #4

Thank you for taking the time to comment -- glad you enjoyed that image :D
    ran wrote: »
    Karl you've got some nice shots .I would like to see the very last image done as a pano without the bldg in bottom right ,just the road and on.
    Thanks randall

ran, an interesting thought. If I were going to do that, I'd like that section larger (from a pixel perspective). I'll probably get the opportunity to go back to this spot in the next year and will consider that on reshoot. I could certainly do that here, but I think there are many more possibilities on a reshoot, so thanks for that thumb.gif
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Nice set, I'm really liking #5 too, I think the original rather than the last one posted. Watch out for the vignetting in the corners.

Doug, thanks for the comments -- I really need to move off of "P" size ND grads as I really can't go too wide on my full frame and not get the vignetting... I've seen the Z to P adapters and wondered how practical getting something like that would be or if I should just slowly buy into Z.