Options

Some Recent Pics

JakeEbersoleJakeEbersole Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited July 18, 2011 in People
I haven't posted any portraits in a while. Let me know what you think. Be harsh, I can take it. ;)

1. Had to get a shot with this background. I just couldn't pass it up.
1167816911_fHowa-L.jpg

1167816824_G9Jh8-L.jpg

1068796742_bMXFa-L.jpg

1068887086_eRKXm-L.jpg

1086381449_9mLsF-L.jpg

1086389840_fK3NM-L.jpg

1210658191_riy9V-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mom2sagemom2sage Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    My only comment (as the mom of a teen) is that pic #3 would be better if you could work on the blemishes. I don't do portraits myself so I cannot give any other opinion (I actually do like the set overall for what it is worth).
  • Options
    ZetZet Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    I like your depth of field. I love the background in #4. Model needs to be posed better though. #5 is very nice. I love #6 but not sure about his feet being cut off....maybe come up more, thigh high.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2011
    mom2sage wrote: »
    My only comment (as the mom of a teen) is that pic #3 would be better if you could work on the blemishes. I don't do portraits myself so I cannot give any other opinion (I actually do like the set overall for what it is worth).

Hey. I appreciate your response. I completely agree about the blemishes. This was just a quick edit in LR3. I'll run it through PS. Thanks. :)
    Zet wrote: »
    I like your depth of field. I love the background in #4. Model needs to be posed better though. #5 is very nice. I love #6 but not sure about his feet being cut off....maybe come up more, thigh high.

Thanks. I appreciate your input. I'll recrop it. :)
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    I love the light in #2, is it reflecting off of snow? 5 is also a great shot. I'd say in general that many of them need to be lightened up just a touch (both exposure and a touch of fill) and it wouldn't hurt to bring up the eyes as well. It looks like the kids are comfortable with you, which is great!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    #1 The hood or the hood and hat looks really odd. The hood pulls out down by his neckline and distorts his shape too much.

#2. Try not to photograph a large person from the side. It generally is their widest point and his sleeve under his bicep is pulling down and makes the arm look very large. Also remember bright areas come forward to the eye first and the lower left is pulling the eye away from his face.

#3. Generally too tight of a crop and the complexion problems. Also too straight on.

#4. Look at how pleasant the face is when turned on an angle compared to #3. His arms look uncomfortable,( like he is ready to get up) , rest his elbows on his knees. Watch how your friends sit while relaxing and copy those natural poses.

#5 Is a big improvement over the others in posing. A relaxed feeling and maybe a horizontal crop showing more of his left arm.

#6. A solid standard pose for a guy. Maybe crop alittle above the knee.

#7 Again a pose problem. Never pose a woman head on unless she is a super model with the shape too match. Turn her 3/4's and most ladies don't like to show their ears.

Hope the comments help and take what you need.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2011
    Thanks, everyone. I appreciate all of your advice, and I will definitely apply it the next time I take pics.

Jake :)