Options

Newport, RI

konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
edited July 11, 2011 in Journeys
Lots of photo opportunities here - boats, people, scenery, ... There is even a guided Segway photo tour - I opted to explore on my own.

This little guy greeted us at the timeshare shortly after we arrived (the camera was one of the first things I unpacked :D).
IMGP2929-S.jpg

Night time view of the Newport Bridge from the balcony.
IMGP2967-S.jpg

Fudge Shoppe Dreams
IMGP2973-S.jpg

An impromptu portrait onboard the Seafair - the 4th largest megayacht in the world - currently a floating art gallery
seafairportrait-S.jpg

There is a Navy base here, and a lot of white uniforms. My family was laughing as I was taking this shot - there was a woman just outside the shot to the left who thought she was going to be in the photo, and was posing.
IMGP3111-S.jpg

Scooter rentals - we took a ride out to Breton Point where there is usually lots of kite flying - not much there on this day.
IMGP3100-S.jpg
IMGP3101-S.jpg

You can't have a bridge, water, and yachts without taking a sunset photo
IMGP3240a-S.jpg

Views from the Cliff Walk - my wife and stopped when the going got tough. My daughter and son walked the whole thing.
IMGP3556-S.jpg
IMGP3539-S.jpg
IMGP3553-S.jpg

Fireworks over the harbor - my first time shooting them digitally
IMGP3345-S.jpg
IMGP3370-S.jpg
IMGP3415-S.jpg

And last, but not least...my wife thought I was a lunatic going out at midnight to take some shots of this 162 foot superyacht (Remember When) docked outside our timeshare. Not easy trying to focus in the dark.
IMGP3647-S.jpg

Thanx for looking - comments appreciated.
--- Kono ---
Pentax K-x and assorted lenses