Options

Facebook Biz Page - Can't Access

NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited July 18, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I thought I would pose the question here just to see if anyone has ever experienced this issue. I've used FB daily for years and never a problem like this.

For about 10 hours now, I am not able to login to my account and am given a message regarding that the account is unavailable due to site maintenance and to please try again later. I have tried from different PC's and different browsers to no avail. I have also received emails from people saying that they cannot post on my personal wall but they can post on my Business page. However, since the biz page ties in with the personal page login, I am not able to access it.

I never click on random links or play any of the games on FB so I am confident there is no FB "virus" affecting my account. I've exhausted all research and attempts at support so I figured I would ask here. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Comments

• Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    Hi Danny, as someone who has been owner and admin of several group pages on FB for four years now I can assure you this is unfortunately commonplace with FB. They are currently beta testing the "What's Happening Now" live sidebar and it has been causing lots of problems for people over the past few weeks. They are trying to make FB more like Twitter. I was locked out of my personal account for several hours last week when they removed the beta test from my account, I was locked out for several hours when they included me in one of the early beta groups. Has happened to me numerous times over the years, being locked out of both my personal account and/or my group pages for hours at a time, and my group pages locked down so no one can access them, seems like any time they are beta testing some new feature and changing code.

Best thing of all is the complete lack of customer service. They don't give you a heads up and if you attempt to e-mail customer service the form letter response will tell you that although they do read your message, they do not respond to messages. I've grown to despise FB more and more this past year due to this type of issue and the privacy concerns with the recent changes, but that's where the people are so I just grit my teeth and deal with it.

I hope when you get access to your account again you don't have the What's Happening Now live side-bar...it has a serious effect on page load times and the constant flickering of the update is migraine inducing.
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    Well I finally got my access back a few hours ago. And, yes, I still have the side-bar crap which I hate as well. I guess I've been lucky to have never been affected like this over the years but I'm sure it won't be the last based on the way they do things. And although I realize it's a free service, it would be nothing for them to try to communicate things to at least some degree. Very frustrating when things go wonky and you are just left high and dry.

Plus, it was my birthday today and they prevented me from getting even more birthday wishes on my wall!! :D
  • Options
    kathiemtkathiemt Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    Lori, you've been able to email FB? I can never find their email address or a form to get to them most of the time. I usually have to post help messages on my wall in the hope that someone can help me - but if you can't get to your wall...
  • Options
    OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    Hi Kathie, sorry for the delay in responding. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of your FB page you'll see the Help link, fwiw.

Direct link to Help Center - http://www.facebook.com/help/?tab=browse
    Also has links to Report a Bug and Feedback

The "Known Issues" facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/KnownIssues?v=app_4949752878

But again, they state up front that they will not respond to you and they don't. You will receive a form letter:

" Hi,

Thank you for submitting this bug report and taking time to help us improve the site. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every bug report individually, but we are reading them.

Screen shots often help our team diagnose problems that users are seeing. If you'd like to submit a screen shot with your report, please follow the directions listed here:

http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=971

Once you have saved the screen shot, attach it in a response to this email. If your issue is unfamiliar to our team, we may contact you for more details. If we have identified and are troubleshooting your issue, we will not need to contact you for more details. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
    The Facebook Team"

You can sometimes find an answer to a problem in the Help Discussions, but they are user-only, no one from Facebook monitors or participates and have fun digging through all of the posts - http://www.facebook.com/help/?tab=discussion

I know they are big and probably inundated with complaints and bug reports, but they have the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life....very frustrating to never ever be able to contact someone or receive some type of update on a Known Issue bug.