Some pics of my sons Liam and Elliot

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited October 18, 2005 in People
We where out enjoying the lovely autumn weather the other day. Elliot learned to sit up a few weeks ago, and today he got to sit among the fallen leafs for the first time. He enjoyed it very much - but he did not care much for the flavour of decomposing leafs, though. Haha! :D

39498134-O.jpg

While shooting, I got a sudden whim and said to my spouse Charlotte "Hey, sprinkle some leafs above his head when I shoot, that could be nice!" She did, and the picture came out like this! :D I am sorry, Elliot - but I can not stop giggeling!:rofl Shy of the camera?

39502581-O.jpg

It was a long time since Liam learned how to open doors and gates - but he still have this fascination to open, close, open, close everything that can be opened and closed. Oh gee - when looking at the images from this day - I can not believe the odd combination of clothings. Hehe! Yes, I dressed him - I guess I did not brew strong enough coffee that morning.

39326503-O.jpg

We where waiting for a friend of my (and a little girly friend of Liam) on a car park just outside where we live. It is rather nerv wrecking watching children play around cars - they could be run over, but they could also make you poor by scratching a car or bending loose a rear view mirror. When chasing him around, I could not help myself from taking a picture when he suddenly stopped and stroke a pose. :):

39326497-O.jpg

On our walk, Liam suddenly stopped and kneeled down, refusing to move. My first thoughts was instinctively "Oh, great - he is taking a poo..." but to my reliefe I was wrong. He sat still for a few minutes, then just as sudden as he had stopped, he rose and walked on. Children, what is going on in their heads!? :rofl You just gotta love them!

39326493-O.jpg

We climbed Hammarbybacken, a ski slope nearby where we live. It is a great view from there. I gotta go there just to snap sometime.

39326470-O.jpg

I just love the shallow DOF of my sigma lens at 300 mm. Is it me, or is it some banding on the image? I have never seen that before, but when shooting with my Sigma 70-300, I see it alot. Does it have anything to do with lenses?

39326479-O.jpg

And this is Liam and his friend Julia. What are they looking at, you would say?

39326484-O.jpg

Stay tuned / Matty

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    clap.giflust Gorgeous. Every single one. You must be a very proud Dad I can see i in your photos your boys are beautiful!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    matty, you have magical light in sweden, and you use it to your advantage when shooting your wonderful boys...

and hey, the kid *was* next to a dump-ster... lol3.gif
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Thank you, rahmonster! Yes, I am a proud father! They are my everything! :):

Matty

rahmonster wrote:
    clap.giflust Gorgeous. very single one. You must be a very proud Dad I can see i in your photos your boys are beautiful!
    edited October 10, 2005
    Thank you, Andy! Yes, the the light in sweden can be rather nice, particullary in the autumns.

Hehehe! Yeah, you are right! Well, actually it is a sand container for slippery winter days, but how could he know that? :):

Matty
    andy wrote:
    matty, you have magical light in sweden, and you use it to your advantage when shooting your wonderful boys...

and hey, the kid *was* next to a dump-ster... lol3.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    elfving73 wrote:

39498134-S.jpg

grandmother anna lisa larson (how's that for a good swedish name lol3.gif) holding my uncle, as a baby, outside mora, sweden (1925)

324707-L-1.jpg

that swedish blood is strong!
    edited October 10, 2005
    Hahaha! That is so cool! Doubtlessly, we are relatives, one way or another! :D Yeah - Anna Lisa Larson - could not be more swedish than that! I wonder if the cap designers are relatives too? Haha!

Matty
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Wow Matty,they are growing up so fast.Right before our eyes.
    You do such a wonderful job.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Beautiful, as usual!!
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Ah - great shots of kids being kids. Nice outfit you put together. rolleyes1.gif
  • ltdesignphotovideoltdesignphotovideo Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Great shots. Very cute kids. They look just like you. :Dclap.gif
    :drums
    Lindsay Thompson
    www.grafxcreative.com
    edited October 12, 2005
    Thanx John! Yes, they grow like cabbage! :):
    Wow Matty,they are growing up so fast.Right before our eyes.
    You do such a wonderful job.
    Thanks for sharing.
    edited October 12, 2005
    Thanx Owen! :):
    Owen wrote:
    Beautiful, as usual!!
    edited October 12, 2005
    Thanx! Hehe! Yeah, right! I should try for a career as a stylist huh? rolleyes1.gif
    Phil U. wrote:
    Ah - great shots of kids being kids. Nice outfit you put together. rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 12, 2005
    Thank you! Hehe! Are they THAT cute! mwink.gif
    Great shots. Very cute kids. They look just like you. :Dclap.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Those are very cute kids, and you captured their spirits well! And yours, too. "the idea of throwing leaves in the kids face". Your camera's shutter did not lag.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    Your kids are as adorable as ever Matty. I like the story behind the day too insdead of just posting some pics. But I have to say, I think I may have seen that squat before, maybe here yelrotflmao.gif
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    HI Matty...

I always wait to see your portraits since they are all so vibrant and alive. These are wonderful shots of your boys--wonderful lightinng and sharpness.

Are these taken with your news lens as well? And is the post processing with the USM the same as well--as you mentioned in the past in one of your posts?

Michal
    edited October 13, 2005
    Haha! Thanx Ginger! Well, my idea was not exactly to throw the leaves in his face, more like sprinkle them so it rained leaves around him. rolleyes1.gif

Matty

ginger_55 wrote:
    Those are very cute kids, and you captured their spirits well! And yours, too. "the idea of throwing leaves in the kids face". Your camera's shutter did not lag.

ginger
    edited October 13, 2005
    Thank you, Michal!

Yes, the very same lens and the very same post process procedure. I really really love this lens. Naturally, it has flaws, but non that I can not live with.

Matty
    auraflora wrote:
    HI Matty...

I always wait to see your portraits since they are all so vibrant and alive. These are wonderful shots of your boys--wonderful lightinng and sharpness.

Are these taken with your news lens as well? And is the post processing with the USM the same as well--as you mentioned in the past in one of your posts?

Michal
  • smittymike19smittymike19 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    newbie here
    elfving73 wrote:
    Thank you, Michal!

Yes, the very same lens and the very same post process procedure. I really really love this lens. Naturally, it has flaws, but non that I can not live with.

Matty
    first off what beautiful kids. really striking.

Second, what camera and lens were these taken with? also, where is teh link to the post processing you use? the colors are perfect. Great job!clap.gif