Pin Up Advice?

edited August 13, 2011 in People
I'll start off by saying I'm no professional. Here is what I'm trying to do. My friend is in the air-force and got sent overseas. His fiance wants to email him a few pin ups of her and his beloved mustang for their anniversary in August. I have never shot any portrait or pin up shots before so I was looking for some friendly advice. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2011
    imprtslyer wrote: »
    I'll start off by saying I'm no professional. Here is what I'm trying to do. My friend is in the air-force and got sent overseas. His fiance wants to email him a few pin ups of her and his beloved mustang for their anniversary in August. I have never shot any portrait or pin up shots before so I was looking for some friendly advice. Thanks for your help!

This is an open ended question and involves lighting, wardrobe, camera settings,background, makeup etc. The best thing you can do is find some samples the fiance likes, post the links here, and then we can break them down on how they were shot.
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2011
    For insperation I would start by looking up the classic pin up poses from the 1940s or google Vargus for some insperation. I also know this is kind of odd, but I get a lot of my insperation from America's Next Top Model and they did a pin up shoot around cycle 10.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2011
    I would study Robert Alvarado site http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=alvarado+robert&qpvt=alvarado+robert&FORM=IGRE#x0y162

He is one of the best and works for the phone company. You will need some equipment however.....lights, lights and lights
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    Post Deleted.

Some seriously good talented and/or busy folk have taken their time and made effort in helping you with your endeavour. At the very fricken least, you could extend *some* kind of gratitude back.

Just saying.... rolleyes1.gif

imprtslyer

Last Activity: Jul-14-2011 07:52 PM
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 13, 2011
    I'm terribly sorry for not responding to this post. I honestly forgot all about this post. I know that's hard to believe but its true. I appreciate everyone for your help and suggestions. Again I'm sorry for my brainlessness It won't happen again. I already did the did the shoot but the fiance doesn't want me to share the pictures. It ended up being more like senior pictures than pin ups. The fiance liked it better that way.