Time Lapse Video

dreamattempo772dreamattempo772 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited July 12, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
My friends and I decided to make a video to enter for a contest, which we thought would be judged by a panel of experts. We decided to do a time lapse video, and I (as the photographer of the group) shot it. I was breaking my teeth with this time-lapse stuff, and shot and reshot numerous times. I think the end product turned out pretty nicely for the most part (although the nerdy perfectionist in me still wants to reshoot most of the scenes).

Here is the SUPER ANNOYING PART: The company now decided to narrow down the top five videos based on facebook votes. Yes, now it's not based on merit, but is a popularity contest. GRRRRR

Anywho, if you have a moment to click on the PPM facebook page and vote for video 5, I would really REALLY appreciate it! It only requires one click...no registration or any of that. Thanks in advance!

Any feedback about the photography would be appreciated too! I'm very juiced about doing more time-lapse videos and would love any input!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/25827776?byline=0&portrait=0&quot; width="500" height="281" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Comments

• TeetimeTeetime Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2011
    I also enjoy timelapses, but haven't shot anything nearly so ambitious as yours. I think it does a great job showcasing Chicago. I'll give you a vote.

There was one going around during the Vancouver winter olympics that I REALLY liked - it combined long camera pans with time lapse and was really beautiful.
    Jerry

• dreamattempo772dreamattempo772 Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2011
    Thanks, Teetime! I appreciate the vote, and the compliment!

I might have seen the Vancouver one...it was really incredible. I've seen some of Vancouver done in HDR that really knocked my socks off. I agree that the camera pans really take it up a notch. I'll likely get a motorized panning head at some point.

Check out some time lapses by Midrelic photography...they are absolutely stunning: http://vimeo.com/mindrelic. These videos totally inspire me to do more!

It's the post-processing that really trips me up. I have to step up my game and learn more about filters and what-not. I just got a new computer that is better equipped to deal with the huge amount of photos that go into this type of project and I look forward to shooting more footage!