Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #81 (connected or separated) CLOSED

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited July 25, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #81

Welcome to Round #81 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges. This challenge is open to any Dgrin member.
It will run from Monday, July 11th, 9:00pm PST time (GMT -7) on through Monday, July 25th, 9:00pm PST time (GMT -7).

The topic ready for your interpretation: connected or separated

There are no editing restrictions in this round

Your Judge:
1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page: Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge Rules.

Comments

• Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited July 12, 2011
    This is really bizarre.... I was just thinking tonight that it would fun to have a theme about connecting with other people in various ways. Hmmm...
  • Options
    HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    This is really bizarre.... I was just thinking tonight that it would fun to have a theme about connecting with other people in various ways. Hmmm...

Telepathic connection with Sherstone perhaps? mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2011
    Just a good theme waiting to happen, I think, and Sean has given us lots of latitude....
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2011
    Sean,
    Will this pass for my EXIF?

Image:
    http://challenges.smugmug.com/Other/DSS-81/18007730_cpzgw7#1388457281_BjB5WX6-A-LB

Date Taken: 2011-07-17 12:41:10
    Camera: n/a
    Exposure Time: 0.0001s (18/100000)
    Aperture: f/4
    ISO: 200
    Focal Length: 10mm (16mm in 35mm)
    Date Modified: 2011-07-17 19:21:23
    Model: Canon EOS 40D
    Photo Dimensions: 3900 x 2597
    File Size: 5.73 MB
    Color Space: unknown
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2011
    Sean,
    Will this pass for my EXIF?

The EXIF is showing up in the uploaded photo. Yes, you are good.
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2011
    Sean, I'm still on vacation, with an iPad and tiny Asus netbook. I like the way two of the iPad apps are processing photos more than Picasa on the netbook but they are stripping the exif data. If I enter a shot for this challenge, can I provide a link to the Picasa version with exif data and enter an iPad edit into the gallery?

Thanks,
    Gretchen
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    .... can I provide a link to the Picasa version with exif data and enter an iPad edit into the gallery?

Yes if you link (in the caption), to the EXIF info from the original photo then that will suffice. :D
    I hope your vacation is going well thumb.gif
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2011
    Is it just me or is the upload button gone from the gallery after logging in with the challenge login?
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2011
    I tested it here with Internet Explorer and Chrome. Both show the upload button.
    Which browser are you using? Have you tried rebooting and or clearing cache etc?
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2011
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the upload button gone from the gallery after logging in with the challenge login?

Oops. I logged in with challenge rather than challenges. It logged me in so I didn't catch it right away. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2011
    clap.gif great!
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2011
    Is there now a file size limit of what can be uploaded to thechallenge gallery? I have tried to load my entry this morning (8 MB) and I keep getting the message that the file is too large to upload. It seems that I've loaded images this size or greater before with no problems, and I loaded the same image into my own smugmug gallery so I am a little puzzled with this. ne_nau.gif

I am using a laptop with IE7.

Thanks,
    Sherry
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2011
    OK, duh, sorry for the previous post. I tried a different uploader and it worked just fine. I still don't know why the image loaded to my own gallery with the other uploader but wouldn't load to the challenge gallery, but it doesn't matter now. Got it done.

Sherry
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2011
    Glad it worked out for you! Thanks for asking anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2011
    Sean, I am finding it challenging to figure out how to link the Exif data properly. I currently have a mish mash of the url to the image with exif data and the code you provided for linking it. We are back from Hawaii and spending a few days in Napa with friends before heading home, so I'm still not in my home computer environment. Can you (or someone else) pinpoint what I'm doing wrong so I can clean this up?

Can try to work on this later this evening but will be tied up for the next few hours.

The url to the exif data is
    [URL="http://www.gretchenkeithphotography.com/Still-Learning-1/dgrin/DSS-81-Exif/18219644_S2vn7F#1400631335_X2PWTQ3-A-LB]img"]http://www.gretchenkeithphotography.com/Still-Learning-1/dgrin/DSS-81-Exif/18219644_S2vn7F#1400631335_X2PWTQ3-A-LB]img[/URL]

Thank you very much,
    Gretchen

P.S. The time in Hawaii was absolutely wonderful and we are enjoying our "transition time" in Napa but the flight back was horrendous as we had to return to the gate, change planes, and had a medical emergency on board. Got to our b&b at 2:30 am!
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2011
    Gretchen, I think all you were missing was the closing quotes " in the middle of the line. I went ahead and fixed it for you so its all done. :D

Just in case others are wondering the code and instructions are available here
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2011
    Thank you, Sean!