Canon 5D - Like New

cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
edited July 16, 2011 in House of Canon
Hello folks. I have for sale my original Canon 5D. I used it briefly when I first bought it but then the Mark 2 came out and I bought that. I had this cleaned and calibrated about a year to a year and a half ago. It has been in my bag as a backup body ever since I bought the Mark 2. I never use it. It has less than 20k clicks on the shutter to my knowledge.

Body Condition: It's immaculate looking. I have kept the top screen covered with a plastic cover since I bought it so it looks new. There are no scratches and the unit looks great. A bit of wear on the flash hotshoe area but what camera doesnt. See pic below for more clarity.

Known issues?: None that I know of. I got my lenses calibrated to my Mark2 and the mark 2 calibrated as well. Since then the lenses I have aren't as sharp on this body. You may want to get it calibrated when you get it but may also find that it works just fine with your lenses.

Whats included: The 5D body. 2 Batteries in good charge performance. Battery charger. Body cap. Original Box

Price: $1000 even. I see these selling for even more than this on ebay. :deal

Please find this baby a new home. :barb

EDIT: Images Added

i-wpCC7hr-M.jpg

i-8ZDpSXm-M.jpg

i-s4DpMnR-M.jpg

i-26QJ8n7-M.jpg
Thats dust on the screen there. The actual screen is flawless.
====My Gear=====
Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
Wedding Photographer
www.cwphotos.net

Comments

• cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    Wow 151 views and nothing. Must not be a hot item right now. I want to give it a few more days and then hit up ebay.
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    Price is high.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    I usually see them going from $1000 to $1100. Occasionally the quick sale for $900.
  • douflagdouflag Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    Price is high.

Neil

Price is higher than you'd like to pay.

To the OP: Pictures will always invariably help, regardless of your description (worth a thousand words, remember??). Also, you may want to indicate "no manuals, cables, or software" if you're not including it. And try a different forum/Craigslist. You'll be surprised by the interest you'll get from your price.

I've honestly have never sold anything here from the postings I've listed. I didn't even get any offers! But that could just be my low post count. Anyway, GLWS.
    My selling policy: PM me saying: "I'll take it". You'll be the first in line, and I'll answer any questions you have. Respond within 15 minutes of my responses, or item goes to next person in line.
  • Brandon HanleyBrandon Hanley Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    list it on the photography on the net forums aka POTN and it should sell very fast. great forum with very active classifieds section and its 95% canon shooters literally
    edited July 15, 2011
    list it on the photography on the net forums aka POTN and it should sell very fast. great forum with very active classifieds section and its 95% canon shooters literally

I agree, although I don't know if it's appropriate to be boasting another site.
    My selling policy: PM me saying: "I'll take it". You'll be the first in line, and I'll answer any questions you have. Respond within 15 minutes of my responses, or item goes to next person in line.
    edited July 15, 2011
    Thanks for the tips. Neil, I dont think its high at all seeing as it's nearly new and I see them going for $1000 quite a bit on different forums.

I have added pics now.
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    I don't think this price is high at all. For a 5D in such great shape, it's very good actually. I'm tempted, but I lack the funds at the moment to pick up another 5D.
    You may find trashed/thrashed 5D's for 900, but then again, it won't last you like this one.
    Sam
    edited July 15, 2011
    That's a fantastic looking 5D. Definitely worth $950 to $1000 USD.
    edited July 15, 2011
    douflag wrote: »
    That's a fantastic looking 5D. Definitely worth $950 to $1000 USD.

Thanks for the comments. It was my baby and I tried to keep it as nice as possible.
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    cwphotos wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments. It was my baby and I tried to keep it as nice as possible.

Hope I helped you along!mwink.gifDthumb.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited July 16, 2011
    SOLD For $1k on POTN
    ====My Gear=====
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    Good on ya! Somebody got a great camera!
    Sam