A Family Thing To Do....

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited October 11, 2005 in People
39527867-L.jpg

I was shooting birds on one side, kept an eye on these people. I just could not stop myself. I took their picture. For once I didn't pull the camera, where I get blur. So glad I got the photo!

comments??

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    I like it Ginger clap.gif Cool candid!!!

Maybe a little too central in the shot but if you crop them further left that bucket will be too close to the edge of shot. Otherwise the only bad things I see is the guy's socks are pulled up too high, He is giving himself a wedgie and needs to adjust his hat (that is if his head is not that shape) rolleyes1.gif
    http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
    18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    I think this is great. I think that the man and the women have such character to them. I think you picked a great subject! Who could blame you for looking and snapping.
    I wonder what they would have been liked to talk to. Probably a hoot. I think at least one of them looks like they wouldn't mind you taking a close up. So, watch out for that if you ever see them again.
    Good job, Ginger.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Lovely candid Ginger. I love the way they're so relaxed....Like they don't even care if they catch fish, just spending time together in the sunshine. I come from a family or serious fisherman and our fishing trips are never like that. Lovely work Gingerthumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 11, 2005
    Very nice Ginger thumb.gifthumb.gif

Not only do I like how relaxed they look, I like your composition with the fence leading the eye from the lower right to them clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    The use of your DOF in this photo is exceptional, not to mention the clarity and sharpness of your subject. Well done.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Thank you, Rahmaster, Steve, Egg and dog,

I love that photo, it is a happy thing to me. That is the "edge of the world" place, where one can catch a ferry for a day excursion to Bull's Island, not a big ferry. No cars............ just a boat landing a ferry...... and the fisherpeople.

After some outlying small uninhabited islands there, you are quite obviously on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, it has a different feel than the other places where the same could be said of.

The woman, the one in the sunny yellow hat, she followed me up to the end of the dock. She tried to talk to me, said something about my lens. That was all I could understand of what she said. So I couldn't talk to her. My daughter, rightly so, says I should carry cards that say I am deaf, that I read lips. I am friendly, but I pretend to hear what is said and don't encourage conversation, not unless someone talks very clearly. I can't teach them that, people talk as they talk.

I would like to share the photo with them. I snapped one of the older woman as they were walking off the dock. I don't know how I got away with that stuff, maybe I didn't, smile. But I have the photo. I only worked up this family group. I love the old lady (she had noxema all over her face), and I love the sunny hat, just the caring in the family.

The older lady also spoke to me, but I didn't catch that at all.

I love the photo, though.

Thanks for looking and commenting, I do so enjoy sharing, even when it is
    just happy things.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.