Options

Gallery passcode / Password

tsgphototsgphoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited July 14, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi.

I've set a passcode/password to a gallery for many clients to access. I've done this to many galleries in the past, and often without any issue. Yet many clients are entering the password (yes...case sensitive, proper spelling, clicking the submit button and not hitting enter) and many of them get the "ack! wrong passcode" message. I've experienced it also once or twice when attempting to login as a client (not as the admin.)

ISSUE: I spend way too much time responding to my clients' emails re: I can't get in with the password/password not working. I know they work (I test them all)...I know it's likely a browser cookies setting issue...and so I reply to clients' emails "try this and try that" (which are all instructions I got from SM Help Desk.) This issue happens approx 30-50% of the time I set passwords to galleries. So it's not pervasive...but enough to cause me a hassle and worse, hassle my clients.

Bottom line, I'm no techie, but seems to me real odd that everyone can enter passwords to Facebook, their banking site, their club's site, etc. and NEVER get this password reject message, regardless of which computer, browser, etc. they use, but to access my little ol' gallery, they get stumped/blocked.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

I'm new to SM and DGRIN. My apologies if this has been discussed previously... I've searched but did not find anything re: this issue.

Thanks,
Christian

Comments

• Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    tsgphoto wrote: »
    Hi.

I've set a passcode/password to a gallery for many clients to access. I've done this to many galleries in the past, and often without any issue. Yet many clients are entering the password (yes...case sensitive, proper spelling, clicking the submit button and not hitting enter) and many of them get the "ack! wrong passcode" message. I've experienced it also once or twice when attempting to login as a client (not as the admin.)

ISSUE: I spend way too much time responding to my clients' emails re: I can't get in with the password/password not working. I know they work (I test them all)...I know it's likely a browser cookies setting issue...and so I reply to clients' emails "try this and try that" (which are all instructions I got from SM Help Desk.) This issue happens approx 30-50% of the time I set passwords to galleries. So it's not pervasive...but enough to cause me a hassle and worse, hassle my clients.

Bottom line, I'm no techie, but seems to me real odd that everyone can enter passwords to Facebook, their banking site, their club's site, etc. and NEVER get this password reject message, regardless of which computer, browser, etc. they use, but to access my little ol' gallery, they get stumped/blocked.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

I'm new to SM and DGRIN. My apologies if this has been discussed previously... I've searched but did not find anything re: this issue.

Thanks,
    Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for writing.

Just to be sure, can you send us a link to one, or even a couple of galleries your customers have this issue in?

I have heard of some issues with passwords that seem a little odd, and want to make sure we are on the same page. If you are running into the issue, I'll see if one of our guys can have this looked into. If I see an issue with the way the password is functioning, I'll let you know how to fix it. thumb.gif

-Kevin
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    Do you have any unusual characters in the password? headscratch.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!