Pwl

ScubaScuba Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited July 18, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
My wife and I went out the other night and had fun. I'm sure most of you have done this stuff before, so it's nothing new. Might be a good idea as a date for you singles out there. Please excuse the watermark. I tried to turn it off but, that wasn't happening. I probably didn't give it enough time.

Frog-ish

Painting-With-Light6-M.jpg

This was good exercise....lol!

Painting-With-Light9-M.jpg

Painting-With-Light2-M.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 13, 2011
    I usually don't complain about watermarks because I understand that there can be valid commercial concerns. But I have to bitch this time because it is just not possible to appreciate these with the huge graphic in the middle. Sorry.
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    I usually don't complain about watermarks because I understand that there can be valid commercial concerns. But I have to bitch this time because it is just not possible to appreciate these with the huge graphic in the middle. Sorry.

Ditto. At first I thought I was looking at a sign for a photographer in #1 and #3. #2 is unviewable.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • ScubaScuba Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    Uh huh...I made a statement about the watermark. I wasn't opening it up for discussion. If you don't like them, then don't look.....deal?
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    i like #2 , seems like those water fountains.

as far as the watermark goes, may i suggest you make a folder for posts and copy the images to that folder, do not watermark, and use them for posts, this way your regular images are watermarked and ones you want to share or CC are not and are in a separate folder
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
    edited July 17, 2011
    time2smile wrote: »
    i like #2 , seems like those water fountains.

as far as the watermark goes, may i suggest you make a folder for posts and copy the images to that folder, do not watermark, and use them for posts, this way your regular images are watermarked and ones you want to share or CC are not and are in a separate folder

Thank you for the comments and the advice.
  • kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    Very Cool, Good exposure, I am going to have to try this. Is that an ordinary 6" green glow stick you used for a light source?
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
    edited July 18, 2011
    Yes sir. We had two 6" glow sticks, blue and green.
    Complete list of light sources:
    2 6" Glow Sticks (Green and Blue)
    2 4" Battery Operated Glow Sticks (Green and Red)
    2 Flash lights I was out of gel so we improvised using colored clear folders. Just cut them to fit around the flash light and your tape of choice
    1 39ft blue light rope

We found everything at our local walmart. I recommend buying the glow sticks in the camping section. The fishing section glow sticks are expensive and 1". No biggie if you want to use them for a particular shot. I didn't have any idea as to what type of shot we were going to try. So I couldn't justify buying 1 1'' glow stick for $5 dollars vs 2 6" glow sticks for $2.50. Doesn't sound like a huge difference, but when you live a budget....

I turned down the opacity with my watermark and there are a few more shots on my website. Feel free to go there and get some ideas. We have one that looks like I'm surfing and holding a truck. It would of looked better if I'd of jumped. But that type of stuff is hard this fat boy. You can make your own light sources too, skies the limit. Heck I even bought a $5 dollar kite. My plan was to attach a glow stick. That was a big FAIL due to the wind dying out. Just make sure you don't have any power lines that could ruin your night.