Options

Need a Way for Wedding Couples to Select their Favorites for Album Creation

ChrisWphotographyChrisWphotography Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited July 22, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Good Morning! I need a way for my wedding couples to select their favorite images from their gallery and send a list of image names to me so that I can build a wedding album layout from their chosen favorites. Does this functionality exist?

Comments

• Options
    Eric Alberda PhotographyEric Alberda Photography Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 14, 2011
    Good Morning! I need a way for my wedding couples to select their favorite images from their gallery and send a list of image names to me so that I can build a wedding album layout from their chosen favorites. Does this functionality exist?

The only way that I know of is to put a image name in the description. For example if the weddings last name is Kerber, the images would be labled Kerber0001, Kerber0002,.....Kerber0351 ect. Then the people can email you the 50 pictures that they want and you can go in and find those pictures and make your album. I don't know of any smugmug feature that does this (I am new at this so something may exist, but not that I know of).

www.ericalberdaphotography.com
  • Options
    dbvetodbveto Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    You can create an event and add the album then send the link to the event to the couple and they can select their favorites. I actually rename my photo's to reflect the event such as ruso-jennings-1, ruso-jennings-2 etc.
    Dennis
    http://www.realphotoman.com/
    Work in progress
    http://www.realphotoman.net/ Zenfolio 10% off Referral Code: 1KH-5HX-5HU
  • Options
    ChrisWphotographyChrisWphotography Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    Thanks dbveto, that's exactly what I needed! I'll definitely be using this more going forward!
  • Options
    jb4647jb4647 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited July 22, 2011
    How about having a wedding album option as a product? That way I have have people create and order a photo album directly from my smugmug site. Perhaps just like we have a choice of Bay Photo or EZ prints, we can sellect with Album maker we'd like to choose.
  • Options
    shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011

I think it might be a good idea if SM let users 'collect' photos that they like from an album and then let the clients email this list to the photographer for printing. Or let the client print these collected photos via Bay Photo.

Cheers,