My nephew Luke

nathannathan Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited October 11, 2005 in People
I'm finally de-lurking myself. This is my first post of photos here, and I'm looking forward to some good feedback. Please comment about the photos and any post-processing ideas are solicited.

My nephew, Luke, came to visit and I met him for the first time. He was a bit shy at first, but once we got to the park and I started snapping shots he started warming up to me and even got into the photos. The early afternoon lighting was a little harsh, but I did the best I could with them. Post processing so far involved a slight crop, saturation boost, and a little USM.

Luke decided to pose for this one, and it's my favorite:
[url=javascript:window.open('http://nata.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=39475373','exif39475373','toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,width=350,height=500'); void('');]39475373-L.jpg[/url]

Here I tried to catch him as he came through the tunnel:
[url=javascript:window.open('http://nata.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=39475485','exif39475485','toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,width=350,height=500'); void('');]39475485-L.jpg[/url]
Nathan

Nikon D200
and a vast assortment of lenses

Comments

• nathannathan Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Hmm. Looks like the saturation was lost when I posted these online. I noticed I would lose saturation on my local machine if I chose not to embed the color profile. Suffice it to say, the orange of the shirts look more saturated on my local files. Is there a standard color profile I should convert to before posting to the web?
    Nathan

Nikon D200
    and a vast assortment of lenses
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    I still think the are both gorgeous! What a beautiful little man!thumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Yes, they should be converted to sRGB before uploading. If it's in another color space smugmug just drops it out...................Mereimage