Mission Concepcion - C&C

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited July 15, 2011 in Landscapes
I shot this at San Antonio's Mission Concepcion last week. It is a blend of two exposures taken just after sunrise. This is one of the missions that can be approached up close at sunrise/sunset; some of the others are behind gates and open during daylight only.

C&C much appreciated. My two concerns are 1) is the tree on the right too sharp? I didn't sharpen it much in PS but it looks like it on my laptop screen. 2) does the church need more light or does the silhouette work well enough?

Thanks, Lauren

i-hw6j2gD-XL.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2011
    Hi Lauren, to address your questions, the tree does not look too sharpened on my screen, I think it looks good as is. As to the church I would either darken it more and just go with a total silhouette or I would lighten it so we can easily see the details. For me when I look at it now because it does have some light I find myself searching closer for the details which are too hard to see, kind of frustrating. I be interested in seeing what they look like if you do make changes.

Nice composition btw, really nice sky and I love the two palms next to the towers.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    Thanks, Doug. I plan to work at this one some more and will re-post it for you. I appreciate your comments.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com