Options

Vows

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited July 19, 2011 in Weddings
Just wanted to change it up a bit. I'm thinking now that the vignette shouldn't be there. Thoughts?

5940050103_6bae7bb4d4_z.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    I likes it!

Some like vignette, some don't. I think it works well here, but that's just me.

Sam
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    I really like the concept here but i agree that the vignette is a bit much. Can you repost the image without it?
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    back off the vignette..just suggest it to lead the eyes
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2011
    With the amount of text and the color tones of your processing, i think there's enough about this image to make it interesting without the vignette. :)
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    I likes it! Some like vignette, some don't. I think it works well here, but that's just me. Sam

+1 I think without the vignette, you run the chance of having a really flat image without any depth...and of course the vignette draws the eye to the brighter part of the image. There's not much in the upper right of the image without some vignetting. I don't think it's over done.

But, like Sam, some like it and some don't.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    I think if you lose the vignette, you'll need to crop away some of the top.
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Two things. a: the vignette would work if it's not a dark gray color and fading to black (you shifted the colors of the image, so if you shift the vignette to gradually fade into purple or sepia, etc, it would go with the processing) and b: if you take off the vignette, make the text more visible at the top so the it fades towards the middle and bottom of the image. That'll fill up the space and make the composition cohere.

Hope that helps :)