Lioness

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited July 20, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
A little conceptualizing this morning. I've had this idea for awhile and thought I'd try it out for size. I'm heading back out to this location in the next two weeks or so to reshoot the formation. I'm thinking just about from where the yucca stands to the left. Also adjusting the size and position of the head so the top of the rock will appear to be more like a high collar.

599-lioness-j5429-1218-s.jpg

-
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 17, 2011
    Neat concept. Lighting the head properly will be a challenge, I think. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Neat concept. Lighting the head properly will be a challenge, I think. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'm hoping the head may work with a change in white balance and some processing to bring in some highlights. I shot it indoors, so maybe I can make something out of it. Reshooting the rock formation may bring out more of the 'lion-laying-down' look I want.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Nice vision there Walter. Did you see it right away or did it slowly work its way out? Sweet concept and cool start to development.
    Hope your able to move it along and land where you'd like it to be. I'd very much like to see that.
    Michael
    edited July 19, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Nice vision there Walter. Did you see it right away or did it slowly work its way out? Sweet concept and cool start to development.
    Hope your able to move it along and land where you'd like it to be. I'd very much like to see that.

They sort of put themselves together when I was going through looking at shots for a return to the location. I shot the rock a couple years ago and since found out that the rock is called 'Sphinx Rock' locally. The girl is a total 'lioness'. I didn't make the trip like I had planned, but may get another chance in a few weeks when I take my grand daughter* camping.

My head is kind of scattered lately- I may need a break.

599-r1904-r1728-kt-v2-sq.jpg

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    Thanks for sharing that. Know what you mean about needing a break. Creative juices need that rest. Go for it. Yet another camping trip may be just the ticket. We just came off another short one. Hardly took any pictures or even broke my camera out at all. Just as we were leaving I was starting to get in the mood to take some pics. Need to get back out there alone so I can concentrate.
    Michael
    edited July 20, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing that. Know what you mean about needing a break. Creative juices need that rest. Go for it. Yet another camping trip may be just the ticket. We just came off another short one. Hardly took any pictures or even broke my camera out at all. Just as we were leaving I was starting to get in the mood to take some pics. Need to get back out there alone so I can concentrate.

It probably ends up about 50/50 when I take the grandkids out to the desert that I'm into the photography thing. I have one spot where I've taken the two oldest, one at a time, to camp. It's secluded without being remote. It's good to spend one-on-one time with them, and I figure they'll each have a separate memory of a shared location. The 3rd oldest is 17 now--It's her time.
    Anybody can do it.