Options

One more from the beach

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited July 17, 2011 in Weddings
It was so good to shoot someplace else than Yosemite for a change, that I did it twice in a row. Here's another engagement session from my trip to LA. So much more tide pool loving on my site.

002palos_verdes_engagement.jpg

d30fb86784848ea10619e70983cf5653.jpg

0550e6fe74b810fe0747a0847473c34a.jpg

fe2e59dae34d7b813d084c622da6b8b9.jpg

014palos_verdes_engagement.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    An amazing series, I'm sure they are totally stoked! Loving your work.

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    kathiemtkathiemt Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    Love #5. Looks like a stock photo site. Very nice.
  • Options
    PhotometricPhotometric Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    Beautiful work. A couple of questions if I may?

#2 On my tablet looks like grainy a little....is that in post or how the sensor responded to the sunlight?
    #1 has such rich colors....was a neutral density filter used? The mix of blues and greens add wonderful texture to the image.
    #5 Agree with kathiemt looks like it could be used for any company/product advertisement.
    http://www.djdimages.com/

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."
    -- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2011
    Thanks everyone for sharing the love!
    Beautiful work. A couple of questions if I may?

#2 On my tablet looks like grainy a little....is that in post or how the sensor responded to the sunlight?
    #1 has such rich colors....was a neutral density filter used? The mix of blues and greens add wonderful texture to the image.
    #5 Agree with kathiemt looks like it could be used for any company/product advertisement.

#1 No filters were used (although I should have used a CP). The colors are rich and saturated because of the amount of light I was able to push at the couple.

#2 has grain added in post - none of that was in the original. I'll have to adjust the grain based on the print size they order.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2011
    Where did you put your light on #1 if it is on the rocks?

#3 needs a large 40X60 metal print. mwink.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2011
    Where did you put your light on #1 if it is on the rocks?

#3 needs a large 40X60 metal print. mwink.gif

On #1 the light is in front of me, from the left and a bit below me. I am about 10 feet above the couple, the light is about five feet above the couple.

The funny thing about #3 is that it is the exact same place as #1, the camera is just in a different spot. That and it took about 20 frames before I got one without random people walking in or popping their heads up from the tide pools :)

Now I guess I need to work on a metal print...