MG1434-Edit-L.jpg

Babies near the woods?:

R3H4672-Edit-L.jpg

Marymere Falls:

MG1600-Edit-L.jpg

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    Beautiful colors in #1 and #3. That waterfall is something--do you know how tall it is? We are just about out of water here! I like #2, cute babies. If I ever get out there, I will have to ask you to show me around. :D
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    oh nice work. I've just got to get to that park someday.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Beautiful colors in #1 and #3. That waterfall is something--do you know how tall it is? We are just about out of water here! I like #2, cute babies. If I ever get out there, I will have to ask you to show me around. :D

Marymere falls is about 90 feet. I was right at the base of the fall for this shot (I actually had to climb down to the stream and cross it for this vantage points - I got some drenched hiking boots in the process but it was worth it). There's certainly a lot to explore in that park, from mountains, to forest, to beaches, to streams and waterfalls. We're just about at peak season for the mountains but there's still quite a bit of snow around.
    oh nice work. I've just got to get to that park someday.

Thanks! You definitely should visit, it's an amazing place. I'm fortunate that I can get there in only a few hours.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2011
    Nice set Ron, I'm really enjoying your shot of the mom and kids, they were keeping their eye on you too. Very nice perspective of the waterfall, I like how it stairsteps down and seems to widen the lower it gets. I started throwing a pair of neopreme booties in my bag just for these kind of occasions, glad you sacrificed for us. though.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2011
    nice stuff, as always, Ron... love the waterfall, and the sunrise is spectacular!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2011
    More greatness here Ron. I love the colors in the first shot, wow. Looking at the baby deer, I can't help but wonder if they thought you were a bear, esp if this was taken before you shaved epic beard!rolleyes1.gif
  • joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Your first shot is awesome.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Beautiful, unique, seldom visited area (by photographers).
    Nice shots, love that baby deer shot. Thanks for sharing.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    #1: What nice layers you have!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    That first one is a killer clap.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Nice set Ron, I'm really enjoying your shot of the mom and kids, they were keeping their eye on you too. Very nice perspective of the waterfall, I like how it stairsteps down and seems to widen the lower it gets. I started throwing a pair of neopreme booties in my bag just for these kind of occasions, glad you sacrificed for us. though.

That's probably a good idea. I didn't anticipate that I would have to be in the creek otherwise I would have hiked in with rubber boots more more likely sandals (it's a real easy trail).
    squirl033 wrote: »
    nice stuff, as always, Ron... love the waterfall, and the sunrise is spectacular!

Thanks! I really lucked out on that sunrise. I wanted to shoot the mountains but it became clear that the light wasn't going to reach that far so I drove down the road looking for a more backlit perspective and found one a few minutes later.
    bryanj87 wrote: »
    More greatness here Ron. I love the colors in the first shot, wow. Looking at the baby deer, I can't help but wonder if they thought you were a bear, esp if this was taken before you shaved epic beard!rolleyes1.gif

This was sans epic beard, so maybe they thought I was a huge marmot? :)
    joe-bob wrote: »
    Your first shot is awesome.

Thanks!
    zoomer wrote: »
    Beautiful, unique, seldom visited area (by photographers).
    Nice shots, love that baby deer shot. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I don't really have any good ONP shots outside of the beach, I've neglected the rainforests and mountains, but hope to get more of both in the next few years.
    schmoo wrote: »
    #1: What nice layers you have!

In Soviet Russia, composition chooses you!
    dlplumer wrote: »
    That first one is a killer clap.gif

Thanks!
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    Nice set thumb.gif Really enjoying image 2.
    Michael