Tuglaq's Tomb

CCROYCCROY Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited August 4, 2011 in Landscapes
Situated southwards to the Tughlaqabad fortress In New Delhi, Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq Tomb is the mausoleum of Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq along with his family members comprising of his beloved wife Makh Dumai Jahan and his son Mahmud Khan. One of the most prominent tombs of India, Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq Tomb stands reigning wherein the first ruler of Tughlaq dynasty is buried. Amongst the most impressive structures of the Mughal period, Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq Tomb is latticed with marble work on red sandstone with intricate carvings. The fortified tomb was built in 1321 in the midst of a water reservoirs, which is no longer there, and massive boundaries.

Shot with the ordinary Nikon 18-55 kit lens and D50
The entrance view

[IMG][/img]5945982469_a2390724f2_b.jpg
DSC_0136 by ccroy, on FlickrNear view of the entrance[IMG][/img]5942822183_77674f0b19_b.jpg
DSC_0150 by ccroy, on FlickrThe Tomb[IMG][/img]5945980057_7a687f6867_b.jpg
DSC_0140 by ccroy, on Flickr[IMG][/img]
CCROY

Comments

• CCROYCCROY Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    What do people think of the IQ of the kit lens in these pictures?
    CCROY
    CCROY wrote: »
    What do people think of the IQ of the kit lens in these pictures?
    When viewed on the web, images made with kit lenses seldom look inferior to those where premium lenses were used.

But aren't the first two images sloping seriously to the right? That's got nothing to do with the use of kit lenses! :D
    edited August 2, 2011
    When viewed on the web, images made with kit lenses seldom look inferior to those where premium lenses were used.

But aren't the first two images sloping seriously to the right? That's got nothing to do with the use of kit lenses! :D

The structures are in fact inclined inwards, which is the reason for the slope.

I agree that the pictures shot withe premium lenses come out far more better in the prints.
    CCROY
    CCROY wrote: »
    The structures are in fact inclined inwards, which is the reason for the slope.
    Does that explain how the dome is sloping? I've never been there, I don't know, but it seems odd! ne_nau.gif
    edited August 4, 2011
    Does that explain how the dome is sloping? I've never been there, I don't know, but it seems odd! ne_nau.gif

The dome is not inclined. There is some distortion at 18mm end of the zoom
    CCROY