The Lifeguards Chair (a study at sunset)

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited July 20, 2011 in Landscapes
I was at the beach yesterday and noticed that the normally drab all-white lifeguard chairs had been painted a brilliant red. Made a mental note and then was surprised with free time to shoot at sunset last night. Began with attempts at sun stars through the chair and then made my way around each of them looking for the best angles and light. Greatly appreciate your thoughts.

1 The Causeway and Neck
i-VCz9zqf-L.jpg

2 Fly-by
i-6M3PvF3-L.jpg

3 Standing guard
i-Db46h6f-L.jpg

4 Against the sky
i-Qgc5cGp-L.jpg

5 Another up to the sky
i-fm498xw-L.jpg

6 Standing tall
i-WVrwsjQ-L.jpg

7 Sunstar
i-CTKcSv5-L.jpg

Comments

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2011
    Number 7 does it for me. Love the low to high perspective, great sunstar and the light on the sand looks very cool as well.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2011
    Thanks Doug. That was the shot I set out to get. The missing leg bugs me but this was the best set of brackets (it's a 6 shot HDR) with the best star, no flare, few to no people in the frame.

The other set really were a 'study' of the three chairs as the sun set and the clouds were tinged with pink.
  • jttphotojttphoto Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    I really like #2 the best. Having the rescue tube at the base of the stand with the perspective facing out towards the water is a more natural "lifeguard" look. As a former ocean lifeguard I think that's why I prefer it over some of the others. Nice set.
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    I love them all! Great shots! :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    Thank you both! Appreciate a true lifeguarder's perspective thumb.gif
  • PhotometricPhotometric Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    Like #3 the best, because the sunlight's color is playing nicely off of the water.
    http://www.djdimages.com/

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."
    -- Abraham Lincoln
  • eMOJOeMOJO Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    Nice series, #3 for me, puts the chair in it's best perspective
    If you can't see the bright side of life...
    POLISH THE DARK SIDE