Options

Control panel wont open & other strange things...

CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited October 11, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Went to my website abit ago and all of a sudden one of my photos has appeared in my bio... I've never added a photo there and certainly wouldn't have choose that one (some softball kid - lol).

Also my control panel page won't load.

Anyone know what's up? Anyone else experienceing problems?

Thanks,
Cindy
Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Cindy wrote:
    Went to my website abit ago and all of a sudden one of my photos has appeared in my bio... I've never added a photo there and certainly wouldn't have choose that one (some softball kid - lol).

Also my control panel page won't load.

Anyone know what's up? Anyone else experienceing problems?

Thanks,
    Cindy

wave.gif hiya cindy. i've notified the smugmug crew, also. thanks for your timely post. will advise!

andy
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2005
    Just heard back... now i c smugmug is down
    I just heard from Robin at smugmug. She can't get contral pages to open either and has contacted an engineer.
    Just went back to my page and it now defaults to smugmugs homepage :-( eeekkkkk....

major request PLEASE make it default to a smugmug is temporirly experiencing problems - please check back soon????? PLEASE if there's anyway possible I'd greatly appriciate it... it confuses my customers way to much...

:cry
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2005
    Cindy wrote:
    I just heard from Robin at smugmug. She can't get contral pages to open either and has contacted an engineer.
    Just went back to my page and it now defaults to smugmugs homepage :-( eeekkkkk....

major request PLEASE make it default to a smugmug is temporirly experiencing problems - please check back soon????? PLEASE if there's anyway possible I'd greatly appriciate it... it confuses my customers way to much...

seems to be back online. let us know if you are still having trouble..thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2005
    andy wrote:
    seems to be back online. let us know if you are still having trouble..thanks!
    Yes it's back... my control panel still won't open though and there's still a bio pic up when I never added one. Seems I can go to galleries, etc but takes my homepage forever to load and control panel absolutly will not.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 11, 2005
    Cindy wrote:
    Yes it's back... my control panel still won't open though and there's still a bio pic up when I never added one. Seems I can go to galleries, etc but takes my homepage forever to load and control panel absolutly will not.
    I'm getting the smugmug home page no matter whose link i click on ... even mine. Must be having a few issues at the moment :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2005
    Cindy wrote:

cindy, i think that the engineers are still working on things.. hang on... thank you...
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2005
    Cindy wrote:

like this? this is what shows now...
  • Options
    dashphotographydashphotography Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    10:10am EST site still acting up.
    I could get to my site..but not the control panel. now my site does not come up at all. I'm like you...it should say.."dashphotography is currently under going a site update...please try again later"....or something like that.

It makes it look like www.dashphotography.com does not exist. Anything would be better than taking them to the smugmug splash screen.

All the more reason I am switching my main site to somewhere other than smugmug and will just have a gallery page that points to my smugmug site for events only. Anyone know of any good webhosting providers that also offer online website developement...maybe one that caters to photographers and possibly the choice to use some FLASH in the site?
  • Options
    edited October 11, 2005

It makes it look like www.dashphotography.com does not exist. Anything would be better than taking them to the smugmug splash screen.

hi there shawn,

it's been tried several different ways - many pros told us they didn't like the regular smugmug homepage so the fairly generic "temporary service interruption" message was settled on. i find it to be generally benign - yet informative - and i'm sure your customers will appreciate this rather than a blank screen.

btw, i took some time right now to peruse your soccer galleries - you do good work bowdown.gif i'm sure your clients eat your stuff up.
  • Options
    dashphotographydashphotography Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Thanks.
    Thanks for the compliment. Yes I like that screen better. Well my site is back up so I guess it is just sporatic at the moment.
  • Options
    Techman1Techman1 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    My site is back down again. I would prefer to have it stay down until the problem is fixed. I think it's frustrating to customers to be bounced up and down.

Hopefully this will be completely fixed soon.