Burlington VT Farmer's Market

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited October 12, 2005 in People
Burlington feels almost like an English or Scottish town.

39594017-L.jpg

Early in October there was cold wet rain more like what we usually get in early November in Boston. There has already been frost, so the farmer's market is at it's seasonal climax.

39594086-L.jpg

39594127-L.jpg

39594251-L.jpg

39594334-L.jpg

39594174-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Burlington feels almost like an English or Scottish town.
    Early in October there was cold wet rain more like what we usually get in early November in Boston. There has already been frost, so the farmer's market is at it's seasonal climax.
    nice set.. it does fee like and English town.. specially in the rain :D
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    It looks cold and dreary! Down right uncomfortable looking to me who really hates to be cold..........and wet.......and cold.

Sorry, nice photos, but not good advertising. I haven't seen the other ones yet, in landscapes, except the one set which was excellent, IMO.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    It looks cold and dreary! Down right uncomfortable looking to me who really hates to be cold..........and wet.......and cold.

Sorry, nice photos, but not good advertising. I haven't seen the other ones yet, in landscapes, except the one set which was excellent, IMO.

ginger

Burlington, VT is a town for people who like the cold. There were lots of kids riding their bicycles around in the cold rain wearing shorts and t-shirts. UVM has no football team, but it does have teams for every winter Olympic sport. Every dorm room has at least two pairs of skis. There is no snow yet, but I saw kids tuning their skis already. The stores are selling warm cloths and winter sports equipment. My daughter already has her season pass at Stowe:

39614607-L.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    I have a friend who lives in Maine, she hates warm weather, loves the cold weather, and she doesn't ski.

I skiied (sp) as a teenager in Colorado, every weekend and some some holidays.
    I was going to ski forever, preferably with a baby on my back, that was my ambition, and the totality of my thoughts on my future, for the most part.

Then I discovered reality and the price of lift tickets. I haven't skied since (try that spelling).

However, the skies were blue, for the most part. Colorado, as you know is a dry cold. I skiied quite happily at -20 degrees, but I am just not sure I could ski at all happily in the damp dreary weather as depicted in those market photos. Also, is this not "high" tourist season with the folliage and all? Gosh that looks miserable. The best thing about it is that my ex husband and his wife have just spent the last week on a tour of the northeast. I was jealous at their ability to do many things like that. I love the thought that was the weather they got. I am bad! clap.gifclap.gif And happy!:):

(It is grey here, not cold, not warm.) It has been a strange year, much different from last year weather wise, not as photogenic, though I am pleased with some of my photos. Will go looking for eagles in the next week, every day for the last month they have promised better weather in a few days. But it is not cold, it is downright balmy compared to that, and I have been to festivals in Indiana that looked and felt like that.

Pathfinder, where is that festival??? So popular! I would take my camera expecting wonderful photos, I froze, ate a bit and did not get the anticipated photos. In fact with that weather, I lost all interest in covered bridges. Every year, almost, it is like that at the end of October, here, it is like that when the fair comes. In Indiana it was like that every time they had that festival.

You did good depicting it, the feeling, Rutt. It is coming back to me. miserable weather. Bone chilling!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.