a chnage of pace for me

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited July 19, 2011 in People
I've been getting little bored with my "standard" shot and processing. I decided to try and replicate one of wedding shooters light..haha..you will recognize the style I think. This was mid mid day sun and I threw a lot of light to over power the sun. SB 900 1/2 power at 200mm camera left and SB 900 fill flash at 1/4 or so with shutter speeds in the 1/4000 range.

This is just in my messy backyard.

i-M2DZCxK-L.jpg

I think I am close to what I wanted.
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    Love it!! ... would clone out a few things here and there but the light is really cool and puts everything on a different level!!
  • laurenornotlaurenornot Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    Nice one, the sky is such a beautiful color!
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    I like the look. You should do more of this. Your subject looks absolutely thrilled!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    jpc wrote: »
    I like the look. You should do more of this. Your subject looks absolutely thrilled!

hahaha..

"DON'T MOVE..no! take one step forward..too FAR! stop fidgeting! I don't care that it 90 degrees out here! blah blah blah"
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    hahaha..

"DON'T MOVE..no! take one step forward..too FAR! stop fidgeting! I don't care that it 90 degrees out here! blah blah blah"

rolleyes1.gif I'd recommend to try to offer a lill treat instead, I'm sure that will work wonders :giggle
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    To me the background should be just a bit brighter so the mix is better...or darker...to make it even more of a spotlight...definitely on the right track.
    This one feels caught in the middle, either go with a darker background or lighter.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    zoomer wrote: »
    To me the background should be just a bit brighter so the mix is better...or darker...to make it even more of a spotlight...definitely on the right track.
    This one feels caught in the middle, either go with a darker background or lighter.

actually when i got it in LR I wished the BG was more exposed as well. I just love how the bright noon day sun is just got obliterated.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Very cool. Kind of a day for night dramatic feel. Whatever he's got in his hand he looks ready to clobber you with it!
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    niiiiiice. love the lighting. now I want to see it in an actual shoot.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Thats the way to do it.....looking great.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Yes "day for night" - you nailed it Brian! Very Hollywood in many ways and you definitely clobbered that bright sun Qarik - cool! thumb.gif

I think all of us who "borrow" our children as test subjects have shots with that expression.... rolleyes1.gif