Options

Ofoto vs Kellards???

tiemantieman Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 22, 2004 in Finishing School
Has anyone ever heard of Kellards. I usually use Ofoto but I was recommended by a friend of mine to give them (kellards) a try. I placed and order today and hope to get good results, from what I've heard they to quality work and print on Kodak Royal Paper

Comments

• Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2004
    I moved your post here to the Ofoto forum to see if you get a better answer. I have not used either Ofoto or Kellards.

I currently use smugmug to share my photos online. They offer printing services and more features for online photos, in case you have not checked them out. They also did a print comparison when choosing their printer to get the best prints they could.

smugmug printing info can be found here.

Their comparison can be found here.
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 22, 2004
    From what I can tell, Ofoto is the gold standard in consumer's minds for printing but over the last 1-2 years their actual quality has not kept pace with the Shutterflys and EZ prints of the world.

I'm seeing more companies go to Fuji chemicals and paper (Crystal Archive). For example, ClubPhoto has been using Kodak papers for decades and finally went to Fuji Paper and chemicals last month. The improvement is remarkable.

We'll see what Ofoto does to fight back.
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    I'm seeing more companies go to Fuji chemicals and paper (Crystal Archive). For example, ClubPhoto has been using Kodak papers for decades and finally went to Fuji Paper and chemicals last month. The improvement is remarkable.

I switched over the last year to having the majority of my prints printed onto Fuji paper these days. I have been very happy and tend to get work back much faster than I did in the past.

Kodak is losing the battle on many fronts. Today they announced that they will be laying off a significant portion of their employees due to digital photography. They also announced that they are discontinuing production of their medium format digital backs.