Options

Back tot he musket

HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
edited October 11, 2005 in Cameras
Hi you'll,

On Monday I was happily shooting in the wetlands with my D2h. I was shooting a snowy egret in bright light so I adjusted the EV to -0.7. When I chimped I saw the shot was badly underexposed so I started to adjsut the EV. Finally at +0.7 I got a properly exposed shot. Now I've gotten fairly good with my EV adjustments and I said that there should be no way that I would need a positive EV adjustment on that shot.

I took out my D100 and took the same shoot with the same lens. On the D100 I need and EVadjustment of -1.3 to get a shot w/o blown out highlights.

I went home a tad irked as my D2h had been repaired in July for metering problems. I called up Nikonland and had a Behret hissy fit (very ugly). They agreed to pay for the shipping and e-mailed me a one day air UPS shipping label. I sent the camera out that afternon and it arrived in Nikonland this morning.

I'll be shooting with the D100 (3 frame burst vs, the d2h's 24 frames :cry ) for the next week.
Harry
http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Hi you'll,

On Monday I was happily shooting in the wetlands with my D2h. I was shooting a snowy egret in bright light so I adjusted the EV to -0.7. When I chimped I saw the shot was badly underexposed so I started to adjsut the EV. Finally at +0.7 I got a properly exposed shot. Now I've gotten fairly good with my EV adjustments and I said that there should be no way that I would need a positive EV adjustment on that shot.

I took out my D100 and took the same shoot with the same lens. On the D100 I need and EVadjustment of -1.3 to get a shot w/o blown out highlights.

I went home a tad irked as my D2h had been repaired in July for metering problems. I called up Nikonland and had a Behret hissy fit (very ugly). They agreed to pay for the shipping and e-mailed me a one day air UPS shipping label. I sent the camera out that afternon and it arrived in Nikonland this morning.

I'll be shooting with the D100 (3 frame burst vs, the d2h's 24 frames :cry ) for the next week.

Whoa sorry to hear that, but I am happy you have a back up musket :D
    I start Jonesen if you didn't post :cry