i-7HVWrjX-X2.jpg

Canon 40D, 24-105mm f4L IS USM

Neil
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Compelling shot. I would like it better if you could dodge the face a bit (including her right eye) so that it integrates with the brightness of the hands which are presently upstaging everything else. Also, I'm noticing what looks like sharpening articfacts on her forehead and nose.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    Compelling shot. I would like it better if you could dodge the face a bit (including her right eye) so that it integrates with the brightness of the hands which are presently upstaging everything else. Also, I'm noticing what looks like sharpening articfacts on her forehead and nose.

Brian, thank you for your comments!

Here is a 100% crop of nose -

i-vDkbmXh.jpg

Could you point out what you are seeing re sharpening artifacts?

On the upper centre forehead it's reflections from hairs that are otherwise almost invisible.

This series with Jess is for a "hands and face" modelling portfolio.

Neil

• briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    I don't see it on the one you just posted, so it must be something with the way the first one translated on the web. Or it could be my eyes! I especially see it where the forehead meets the hairline. But anyway, if it's not on the original, it's a non-issue. Looking forward to seeing more.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    I don't see it on the one you just posted, so it must be something with the way the first one translated on the web. Or it could be my eyes! I especially see it where the forehead meets the hairline. But anyway, if it's not on the original, it's a non-issue. Looking forward to seeing more.

Yeah, I see where you mean. That is individual hairs over her forehead reflecting the light, as well as some skin texture. I'll back that off a bit so it's not so distracting. Thanks.

Neil