Options

A "maybe" for 81

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited July 21, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thoughts?

Juxtapositions (aka the Green Room backstage)

i-ZfqZWJ5-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2011
    I think I get it. You mean with the Maidens outfit versus the laptop?

Connected or separate... not sure I'm catching that full theme, though I'd venture they are connected via their proximity.
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2011
    Old vs new, period vs banality of modern green room/cafeteria, mom vs daughter (which is indeed the case here), laptop vs costume.... any number of 'em. But perhaps they're not clear enough headscratch.gif
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    They are each in their own world.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    This works for me! It's lovely. The post-processing looks awesome and gives the shot Rockwell-like quality. I can definitely see the disconnect. Well done! thumb.gif
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    Yep, I get the theme right off the bat from this shot. A very similar concept of shot popped into my head when I first saw the theme posted.
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2011
    With all that green in the image check that you don't have a color cast muddying your image. Otherwise a great one! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2011
    Thanks all! thumb.gif

PS Don, after you mentioned the green cast I went groping around in LR (this was done completely in LR, fwiw), and the preset I used as the base for this processing turns out to have some split-toning even in the colour version; the shadows are hued towards blue, so when I took the sat down on that a little, it warmed right up.

I had no idea that you even COULD split-tone a colour shot (I never even looked as I always assumed it would be grayed out until you converted to bw), so a classic case of "learn something new every day"!