Recording studio

Alex81Alex81 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited July 21, 2011 in People
Took a few shots of a friend recording his debut EP.

I need to do some PP on this first pic to fix the blacks. Nither of them have had any PP.

Jezza-01-L.jpg

Jezza-02-L.jpg

All comments welcome

Comments

• BrucheBruche Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    I prefer number 2. I find these to be classic looking shots. I say, well done!

R/
    Bruce
  • CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    Wow I really love them both, as they capture the moodiness and tedium of that kind of work. Of the two I especially like the tight crop with the 'action' of reaching out with his left hand. So how did you get the wide shot: cropped, stitched, or a camera setting? The are great, and your friend is sure to treasure them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Alex81Alex81 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    CCoop wrote: »
    Wow I really love them both, as they capture the moodiness and tedium of that kind of work. Of the two I especially like the tight crop with the 'action' of reaching out with his left hand. So how did you get the wide shot: cropped, stitched, or a camera setting? The are great, and your friend is sure to treasure them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are done with a Horizon Perfekt (panoramic film camera)

At the moment it's the only camera I have so it's been a lot of trial an error with the exposure, but with some practice I think it'll be a great portrait camera as it captures subject and context very well.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    Nice use of the Perfekt! I love that camera, and those shots turned out well.

As for it being a portrait camera, you've done well with its biggest limitation, IMO: fixed focus and a minimum focusing distance of 9 feet. I wish it had at least two settings for focus, near and far.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops