Just another pretty face.

ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited July 27, 2011 in People
Just bringing a smile to your morning.

Have a great day!
I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2011
    Question for you.....what focal lenght lens and what f stop on this photograph?
  • ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Question for you.....what focal lenght lens and what f stop on this photograph?

It's 32mm with 4.5.... Super curious why you ask, does it look distorted to you? Constructive criticism is more than welcome, it's hoped for. I think the nose may look slightly bigger than usual... It's actually just a good old fashioned self portrait I took messing around after I chopped 16 inches off of my hair :ivar
    I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    Yes, I was worried about the distortion, not only the nose (you should see mine) but the distortion from the top of the forehead down to the tiny chin. Depending on you sensor type a normal portrait lens would be from an 85 to 120ish.
    edited July 22, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Yes, I was worried about the distortion, not only the nose (you should see mine) but the distortion from the top of the forehead down to the tiny chin. Depending on you sensor type a normal portrait lens would be from an 85 to 120ish.

Yeah, I am aware of that but I just didn't feel it was too far off how I actually really look, and didn't have time to bust out my tripod for my portrait lens.... I some how can't notice the distortion really, I'm not sure why, maybe because it's my face? lol I don't know. In any event, I just was feeling 'glowwy' and happy and had to share it with the Dgrin world! If I could ever be in front of the camera with someone else actually being behind it, maybe that's why I can't tell, because I'm always the one that has to take my own picture so it's always distorted and I'm used to it?? lol. ....

So So portraits we had done at Sears a few years ago before I realized that I needed to take things into my own viewfinder. ...
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2011
    I like that first frame a lot Val. The distortion isn't that bad to me (but I don't get out much).

The one thing I would do is clone out the blemish on the bridge of her nose. It's an easy fix on something that drew my eye immediately. Anyway, whoever she is, she's seriously pretty.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
    edited July 26, 2011
    Well John, -flips hair- , thanks so much for compliment... lol. But, just one thing; I don't think I could handle cloning the mole on my nose even as much as I hated it growing up. It's my Marilyn mark haha!

And don't feel bad about not getting out much. Not only does my computer chair have an imprint from my rear end, but by now my rear end has a chair imprint as well.

Anywho, I appreciate you taking a moment to send a compliment my way, very much so! I also giggle at the fact that you like my quick self portrait better than the professional one we got done at Sears... It gives me hope!
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    Sears... professional portrait? GASPeek7.gif
    :)
  • TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    I see the distortion but it is very slight and in my opinion adds impact to the shot. Very nice self portrait.
    edited July 26, 2011
    Sears... professional portrait? GASPeek7.gif
    :)

Hahaha Yes, gasp is right. It was many moons ago before I knew any better.
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    While I like the shot (and didn't think the distortion was that bad), I find myself staring at your left eye. after all the focal point should be the eyes in a portrait shot right.. anyway, looks like you adjusted/enhanced in post the iris.. unless you have a green spot and the rest brown ? either way, very pretty lady.
    Devin
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    Personally, I want more pictures of you. You can even be flipping your hair. Laughing.gif
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen