With Intent Band photos

JohnRogJohnRog Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited July 29, 2011 in People
Here are some shots from a recent shoot my wife and I did for a friend's band...they recently won the battle of the bands in Charleston, sc... They wanted some photos for publicity and possibly for an album cover. This was our first "band" photoshoot, but the guys were pretty happy... C and C appreciated :D

With-Intent3-6-XL.jpg

IMG9897-XL.jpg

IMG9841-X2.jpg

IMG9849-X2.jpg

IMG9859-X2.jpg

IMG9822-X2.jpg

IMG9959-X2.jpg

IMG9960-X2.jpg

IMG9814-X2.jpg

With-Intent3-3-X2.jpg

Comments

• Alex81Alex81 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    Great locations, and good job getting them to posse "naturally". Not a big fan of the heavy PP in most of them.

My favourite is nomber 3. It seems to have a narrative and it's a good "icebreaker" for fans of the band to speculate around the pic.
  • jttphotojttphoto Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    I like 1, 3, and 5 the best. The rest, while good shots, are reminiscent of a lot of band photos I've seen. For an album cover I think #3 would be cool. Good job. What genre of music do they play?
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    Very creative set! #5 gets my vote. Brings to mind Elvis Presley's Jailhouse Rock.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    Really like 1-2-6 alot. Gotta think square for covers of cd's.
  • dbvetodbveto Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Really like 1-2-6 alot. Gotta think square for covers of cd's.

I like them all but I have to agree with Hackbone 1-2-6 are my favorites.
    Dennis
    http://www.realphotoman.com/
    Work in progress
    http://www.realphotoman.net/ Zenfolio 10% off Referral Code: 1KH-5HX-5HU
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    1 & 3 for me. #1 is good enough to warrant a "letterbox" style CD cover.
  • JohnRogJohnRog Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! It's always nice to have extra sets of eyes to see something a different way... Hackbone, I had a big old "DUH!" Moment when I read your post about the square formatting... I hadn't even thought about that until then... It's like one of those times when you realize the reason you've been uncomfortable all day is because in your rush to get dressed, you managed to put your underwear on backwards :D

As for the band, they play rock, but nobody can seem to point to someone else that they sound like. If you'd like to check them out, you can listen/see them here: http://www.reverbnation.com/WithIntentMusic

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    #3! and 5 is cool too
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    I like the location and the posing in most. I don't like the processing. I also think the big guy, the drummer, seems really out of place. Especially so in the first 3 shots. Not sure if it's the way he's dressed, but he looks like someone that just happened to be in the location and "got in the shot".
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • ashleyaleeseashleyaleese Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2011
    3,5,10!!!! My favorites. :) I like your style. Nice work.
    edited July 28, 2011
    Thanks for the input from everyone! I know this kind of stuff is quite subjective, but for those who don't like the processing, it would be helpful to know what, specifically, it is that you don't like about it (on specific images since they are not all processed the same), and how you would have processed them... Heck, I'd be willing to upload some SOOC jpegs for you to work on even... I'm still pretty green where processing is concerned, and though I liked the way most of these came out, I am always ready to see things from a different perspective! :D

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2011
    about the toilet shots...no. Unless you going for humor..I just can't take anyone seriously when they are sitting on a toilet.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited July 29, 2011
    Quarik, that was exactly the point with the bathroom shots :D
    That's the lead singer on the toilet, and the guys don't take themselves too seriously

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk