RustingInPeaceRustingInPeace Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited July 22, 2011 in People
Wobbe0529pd-L.jpg

Wobbe0482pd-L.jpg

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” -Helmut Newton-

Comments

• jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    I like #2, but the car is a bit of a distraction, IMO. My eyes wander away from the girl, to the car, and back...
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    i think they are both fantastic. love the first one! iloveyou.gif
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    both are wonderful I think..the light is grogeous in teh 2nd shot...though the tilt is bothering me.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    Really like these. Both. Don't mind the car or the tilt. But I'm a bit on-tilt most of the time ;-)
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    I think they are great! Tilt could be a little less but no biggie...
    Canon Fan
  • Alex81Alex81 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    I liked them both at first glance.

#1 I'm curious if the shot improves if you had panned more to your left or right so her face isn't as centered as it is.

#2 The angle gives me the impression she just fell. But if you had lowered the camera you'd have more car in your shot and that would been distracting. Perhaps lowering the camera but having her pose in front of the cars wheel, which I'm assuming is darker? Just an idea.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2011
    Something to like in both these: the composition of the 1st, and the "extras" (car and straw) in the 2nd, plus both are sympathetic to the lovely subject.

I like the 2nd image more. I agree that the tilt is problematic, or rather the POV since a lower angle would have lessened the "fallen down" look, possibly. I really like the car in this, but I would suggest a stronger vignette on it in the upper left to push it back there. The light on the model in this one seems a bit hot in patches to me. Am I seeing a yellow cast on the skin in both, or is it the influence of the blues in the images (seems to test out ok)?

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix