Options

Every other weekend.

ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited July 26, 2011 in Journeys
Every other weekend, I make a journey, the same journey. It isn't ones ideal trip, but I am forced to take it. For 5 years it's been 3 hours round trip during the best time of the day for taking pictures... The sun starts to set on my way home, and I stop to photograph anything that catches my eye. It's amazing all of the new things someone can find on the same route, if they're looking... CC always desired and much welcome... Especially on my second journey of mastering processing.

1.)
WisPride3-2Cropped.jpg
2.)
WisPride5.jpg
3.)
WisPride4.jpg
4.)
WisPride7.jpg
5.)
WisPride6.jpg
I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard

Comments

• Options
    LRussoPhotoLRussoPhoto Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2011
    Great shots, and story.
    D300s D90
    Nikon 18-105mm,Nikon 18-200mm,Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

http://LouRusso.SmugMug.com
  • Options
    jpope42jpope42 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2011
    This is really a great idea. I know that driving the same route multiple times slowly reveals the essence of a place. Five years seems like a good amount of time to get to know it and the changes it undergoes. Very creative approach to what would become mundane to others.

Also, the image of the trucks is my have, great colors & dof.
  • Options
    ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    Thanks so much for the feedback... Do you ever just have those days where a compliment goes so much further than other days?? I super appreciate it.

As for the cars, hah, you know it took me 5 years of driving by this guys mini-antique dealership before I finally stopped to take a picture?? I thought about it, and sort of have a bond with these cars by now haha. I finally stopped last weekend. Heck, if I had the moola, I would have bought this car, even if it IS a Ford rolleyes1.gif After all, someone once implied to me that us women buy our cars for the color and the style. Who cares if it runs or notrolleyes1.gif
    I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard