Options

Rachel

jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
edited July 26, 2011 in People
I have had 3 shoots with this model and hope to get one more before she leaves for the summer.

DSC4515edited-2-XL.jpg

DSC4521edited-XL.jpg

DSC4754edited-XL.jpg

DSC8462edited-XL.jpg

DSC8558edited-XL.jpg

DSC8466edited-XL.jpg

rachel-002-XL.jpg

rachel-022-XL.jpg

rachel-046-XL.jpg

rachel-083-XL.jpg

rachel-041-XL.jpg

DSC8772edited-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2011
    Some pretty fantastic shots I might say. She looks like she knows what she's doing as far as posing. Great job! :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    Alex81Alex81 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 24, 2011
    Great shots.

Would you mind explaining your lighting in shot #3 and #5? I'm curious if they were done with the same technique but different time of the day.

I know there is an unwritten rule that models dont show their teeth but after seeing her beautiful smile on the last pic I kind of wished we had more variety with her facial expressions in the other pics.
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2011
    Alex81 wrote: »
    Great shots.

Would you mind explaining your lighting in shot #3 and #5? I'm curious if they were done with the same technique but different time of the day.

I know there is an unwritten rule that models dont show their teeth but after seeing her beautiful smile on the last pic I kind of wished we had more variety with her facial expressions in the other pics.

The lighting was done with a SB-700 off camera on a tripod with the lumiquest softbox III using a D700. I was in ttl mode and adjusted according to the situation. For number 3, I masked her off and warmed up the background. Here are some smiling. In number 4, I was using the sb-700 and softbox with another sb-700 unmodified almost directly to the right of her.

DSC4887edited-XL.jpg

DSC4761edited-XL.jpg

DSC4807edited-XL.jpg

DSC6935edited-XL.jpg

DSC8630edited-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2011
    Aspecto5 wrote: »
    Some pretty fantastic shots I might say. She looks like she knows what she's doing as far as posing. Great job! :B

She does. She is easy to work with.
  • Options
    tomnovytomnovy Registered Users Posts: 1,101 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 25, 2011
    Beautiful model! Love the way you have wrapped the subject with light. Beautiful work - for me it is a PRO work. Congrats.
    SmugMug Support Hero | Customizer | My SmugMug site - http://www.photom.me | Customization Portal - https://portal.photom.me
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2011
    tomnovy wrote: »
    Beautiful model! Love the way you have wrapped the subject with light. Beautiful work - for me it is a PRO work. Congrats.

Thank You!
  • Options
    granite.thundergranite.thunder Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2011
    Nice focusing. I love how the light blasts thru the lens used. She seems like a doll to work with. Haven't seen such eye candy in some time. Nice! :o)
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2011
    Nice work. Only suggestion would be to get her to open her mouth just slightly in some of the photos for variety. Look through a Sports Illustrated or Vogue and you'll see what I mean. Just something to remember for future shoots anyway!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    You both did a great job. Superb lighting and a wonderful subject who you magnified her beauty very well.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    Kudos all around. Lots of good shots. I like your use of the wide angle, just right. Very attractive model and she knows how to pose..
    Nice work.
  • Options
    ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    Great work! I love 3, 5 and 10.
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200