"Your camera takes great pictures!"...

ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
edited July 28, 2011 in The Big Picture
..."Thanks! Your mouth makes great compliments!"

This is hilarious: http://www.cafepress.com/+wtd_mind_over_matter_single_dark_tshirt,467999097 :rofl

Comments

• Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2011
    I want it but $32 w/ shipping is pretty steep for a t-shirt. Then again it is my birthday next week, I can get myself a present.
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    In my books 25 quid's a daft price for a T shirt (whatever the message) and especially here, when I'm not sure how many people'd 'get the message' (imo) + I rarely (if ever) wear just T shirts when out with a cam as I find them impractical.

Thumbs down here :)

pp
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    That's my problem: I can't show off my geeky photo shirts, cause I'm always wearing a vest. But, on occasions where I don't need all my accessories in a close pocket and I'm basically just carrying my camera, then I'm sure to wear a shirt like that. And you're right, I bet hardly any "regular" people would get the message. I find that most of these geeky photography shirts mean nothing to most people, but sometimes photographers will notice. Like the 18% grey shirt, or my Love shirt.
  • puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2011
    Also, imo, I think the actual design could be clearer / easier to read. It's a reasonable idea, (but not as good as those that are completely self-explanatory / obvious) but implementation needs 'polishing' - a reader would have to be quite close to read the text in the speech bubbles - so 'passers by' wouldn't get it.

Re the other 2 you mention - I've used bog std grey Tees / sweat shirts for one... and as I do everything possible to make my gear as low key / grunged as possible, there's no way I'd buy / wear the other :)

All depends on what the individual wearing whatever they do is trying to achieve, - since I buy many of my clothes from charity shops, you can draw your own conclusions about me :)

pp
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2011
    Sadly, the cartoonist who drew that panel has closed his daily comic strip on its 5th anniversary, which was just a few days ago:
    http://www.whattheduck.net/home?page=0%2C1

Can't criticize him for wanting to free up his time and do other things, but his significant fan base of photographers will miss the daily laugh. If you didn't know about WTD, take a trip through his archives.