Cowgirls

joannalhudsonjoannalhudson Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited October 12, 2005 in People
Here are a few favorite pictures I've taken recently. Just wanted to share. Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

Cowgirls at a barn dance over the weekend:

39470048-L.jpg

The prettiest eyes:

39470168-L.jpg
Joanna

Comments

• luckydogluckydog Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Must agree with you on the eyes. Nice shot. Maybe a little fill flash on the first would have helped bring them out of the shadows.
    http://darrylluckphotography.smugmug.com

40D
    18-55mm, 28-105mm USM II, 50mm f/1.8, 400mm f/5.6
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Very cute kids indeed, and nice shots. The second shot is a classic!

Went to your homepage as well. Very fun shots - I like the shot with the little kids around the bride & groom! Great San Francisco pics - my home town!

Welcome to dgrin and keep posting.thumb.gif
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Hey there - welcome. Fun shots. A little fill flash on the first would help get rid of the shadows on the faces and put some catchlights in the eyes.
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Welcome to Dgrin

I also took a look at your home page. There is some very nice stuff on there.

I love the eyes in the second shot.

A little more light on the girls faces would have slightly improved the first, though it is still as cute and fun picture of to adorable girls. Thanks for sharing them.
  • joannalhudsonjoannalhudson Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Natural light
    Thanks, all, for your comments and suggestions! I love natural light so much that I shy away from a flash and err on the side of too many shadows. I have a great flash (the 580EX) so think I just need to experiment a bit. :)
    Joanna