Slight overkill on the sprinkler system...

Mr EddyMr Eddy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited July 30, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
This is actually a water feature in Melbourne. I spent quite some time trying to find interesting angles (and trying to convince my lens to focus accurately, not always with success) without soaking myself or my equipment. Was bloody cold as well. Anyway, enough whining. I think this is probably the best shot.

2011-Melbourne-at-Night-032-X2.jpg

Comments

• Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2011
    I like it.
    What would be interesting is if you could get people dancing in it or take one during the day with kids playing in it if they can.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2011
    Very interesting location shot. Neatly taken. Great place to ponder what else to put in frame. Theres so much there.
    Michael
  • Mr EddyMr Eddy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2011
    Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the responses.

I spent a bit of time trying to get some of the office buildings or other light into the shot, mostly didn't work out. Unfortunately it's not close enough to any paths to get any passing foot traffic into the shot. If only they would move the nearby church up the street a block or so :)

I imagine that you'd find plenty of people playing around in it on a hot summer's day, but it's winter at the moment. Definitely something for me to keep in mind when I visit Melbourne around Christmas time.

2011-Melbourne-at-Night-030-X2.jpg