Infrared Photography

Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited August 7, 2011 in Landscapes
My specialty and addiction (also most popular work) is infrared photography. Are there any other IR shooters here? I'd love to see your IR and welcome respectful comments on my work. I shoot all my IR with a Hoya RM72 IR filter attatched to my Nikon D40 and previously on Canon S5IS and Canon A70.

Here's some of my most popular:

905216112_zGrwC-M-3.jpg

DSC037822-copy-M.jpg

DSC009322NEWEDIT2-M.jpg

896300429_axJwj-M-4.jpg

Infrared self-portrait manipulated to resemble a vintage tintype:

VintageIRSelfPortrait2-M.jpg

There are more on my website. In the Nikon D40 folder are links to a large amount of older IR work that has yet to be updated and added to my website.
Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    I love your IR work! It's no wonder you get such great feedback on it. I thoroughly enjoy my IR-converted Canon point-and-shoot but I don't get out to use it as often as I'd like. Particularly because summer where I live doesn't get much in the way of clouds.

I'd love to see more that you've shot.
  • Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Thank you!! IR will always be my favorite type of photography. If I had a converted camera, I'd be out shooting IR more! I love the challenges of IR with a filter, but the ease of 'point and shoot' IR would be nice for times when I can't wait for an exposure or have a subject that won't (or can't) hold still. You should try it more. I can understand about clouds since the do make more dynamic IR, but find other subjects...I love dramatic clouds, but there's also architecture and people. With my IR experience, skin goes alabaster. No freckles and vivid hair and eyes. So much experimenting! :)

As for more, visit my Smugsite! there's a folder of my old work I'm updating and some new that will be uploaded soon. Once complete, I'd love your feedback. Thanks again!

• wizardrywizardry Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2011
    Hi Amber,
    I love the IR shots. I have a converted Canon Rebel Xti that i use for IR as well but just dont get out as much as i porbably should with it. I noticed you are using the artistwebsite for selling your prints. How have things gone with that? Are you having any luck? Thanks! :D
  • Alex_Alex_ Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2011
    Wow, that second shot of the trees and bridge is divine. Looks incredible.
  • Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2011
    wizardry wrote: »
    Hi Amber,
    I love the IR shots. I have a converted Canon Rebel Xti that i use for IR as well but just dont get out as much as i porbably should with it. I noticed you are using the artistwebsite for selling your prints. How have things gone with that? Are you having any luck? Thanks! :D

Thank you! Mine's not converted, but I hope one day to be able to purchase one. I've found one I'm looking at, but it's a matter of money. You definitely should experiment with it more. I've seen amazing IR with converted cameras. Yes, I've been using them for several months. Made a sale quite fast, but nothing much since. I utilize both FAA and SmugMug. Definitely don't give up SM to go to FAA. There's so many features they lack that SM has, so I just link to FAA on my SM site. The way I see it, it doesn't hurt to have your work out there in multiple locations. SM is more internet wide, easier to find online. Most of the sales on FAA are via the website's traffic which is more internal and generalized to that 'market'. No problem! Best of luck!

edited August 7, 2011
    Alex_ wrote: »
    Wow, that second shot of the trees and bridge is divine. Looks incredible.

Wow, thank you! I receive more compliments on it than any. I don't know if you noticed, but there's something very strange about this photo...people rarely notice it. See if you do. :)