Options

Framing Advice...

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited July 30, 2011 in Finishing School
I am sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question. I am not sure which one to use.

I am wondering about framing. It seems a standard size picture out of my camera (Nikon D7000) prints very well at 12X18 at Costco. Trouble is, that is not a standard size frame. I have a lady that wants to buy one of my pictures and I am not sure what to do about framing. How would you all do it?

Thanks, Ron
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2011
    ront wrote: »
    I am sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question. I am not sure which one to use.

I am wondering about framing. It seems a standard size picture out of my camera (Nikon D7000) prints very well at 12X18 at Costco. Trouble is, that is not a standard size frame. I have a lady that wants to buy one of my pictures and I am not sure what to do about framing. How would you all do it?

Thanks, Ron

The 3:2 aspect ratio of most sensors in general is not conducive to framing, so you need to crop a little to fit in a standard frame. Hopefully you have enough real estate on the aforementioned photo.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2011
    You have many choices grasshopper...............you can buy mats and frames from Frame Destination for almost any image size you want, or you can crop your image to any size you want. There are no limits.

Sam
  • Options
    jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2011
    Sam wrote: »
    You have many choices grasshopper...............you can buy mats and frames from Frame Destination for almost any image size you want, or you can crop your image to any size you want. There are no limits.

Sam

What Sam said...