Options

SOLD: Canon 17-40L f/4...

Brian GBrian G Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 19, 2005 in Flea Market
UPDATE: Lens SOLD to local buyer. Thanks for your interest. :)

Hello all,

I am whittling down my lens set for travel, and consequently am selling a beautiful 17-40L. (I find I rarely use these focal lengths on my 20D, opting instead for even wider or much much longer) The lens is in great shape, and of course comes with everything originally bundled by Canon- lens hood, literature, box and packing, lens case. I need $630.00 shipped anywhere in the US with confirmation and insurance.

Although I don't have a long posting history here at dgrin, I do have one sold item on these boards, and received very positive feedback. Additionally, I've got years of posting history on dpreview, so feel free to check me out there.

Thanks for having a look! Feel free to write/e-mail with any questions. If there is interest in seeing photos of the lens, I'll try to take some tonight (got to run to work now).

Kind Regards,
Brian

Comments

• Options
    edited October 17, 2005
    Lens again available...
    Hello all,

I've received several e-mails asking about the lens. Yes, it's in great shape, with no dents, glass scratches, etc. I used to use this lens on a 20D, and both the center and corners are sharp, even wide open. The lens had great color and contrast as well.

The potential buyer I mentioned in a lens update only wanted to deal with Paypal, and I do not do Paypal.

(See here for some reasons why not:
    http://www.paypalsucks.com/).

So the lens is still available. Money order, cashier's check or a personal check (I'll send out the lens as soon as it clears), please.

Thanks for your interest! =)

Kind Regards,
    Brian
  • Options
    smittymike19smittymike19 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    uh sorry
    Brian G wrote:
    Hello all,

I've received several e-mails asking about the lens. Yes, it's in great shape, with no dents, glass scratches, etc. I used to use this lens on a 20D, and both the center and corners are sharp, even wide open. The lens had great color and contrast as well.

The potential buyer I mentioned in a lens update only wanted to deal with Paypal, and I do not do Paypal.

(See here for some reasons why not:
    http://www.paypalsucks.com/).

So the lens is still available. Money order, cashier's check or a personal check (I'll send out the lens as soon as it clears), please.

Thanks for your interest! =)

Kind Regards,
    Brian
    uh sorry but i think it will be a cold day in hell before i send a new poster a check for a lens.
    I have a rebel xt i'll sell for 300$, just send cash only. actually ill throw in a 20d for that price as well. :)
    sorry to sound sarcastic, but do you really think anyone is going to send you a check when you cant even produce a picture of the lens? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    uh sorry but i think it will be a cold day in hell before i send a new poster a check for a lens.
    I have a rebel xt i'll sell for 300$, just send cash only. actually ill throw in a 20d for that price as well. :)
    sorry to sound sarcastic, but do you really think anyone is going to send you a check when you cant even produce a picture of the lens? rolleyes1.gif
    If you are unsure then ask/PM the buyer of brians other lens here.

Gus
  • Options
    smittymike19smittymike19 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    If you are unsure then ask/PM the buyer of brians other lens here.

Gus
    ok sorry. i really dont mean to sound mean but with all of the scams out here, its hard to imagine that anyone would send a check to someone when paypal exists. ok paypal has some issues, but at least it affords some sort of protection to the buyer. good luck with the selling. :)
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2005
    Its an individual thing. I will NEVER EVER use paypal again whilst the earth still rotates ...however i can think of nothing better than sitting down to half a kilo of tripe & potatoes.
    We all have our quirks.

OK...back to brians lens that i wish i could buy.
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2005
    Photos of the lens...
    Hello all,

Here are the photos I promsied of the 17-40 I have for sale. I apologize for getting them out so late- I thought I had an immediate buyer for the lens, so I delayed taking any shots. Nevertheless, here they are now:
    17-40d.jpg17-40e.jpg17-40c.jpg17-40b.jpg17-40a.jpg

Thanks again for your interest. :)

Kind Regards,
    Brian
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 19, 2005
    Hey, you're a new poster too, so cut some slack, eh?

If you've ever noticed, half the sales at FM's huge sales forum happen this way too. I've done several this way myself, both directions.

It's a smaller forum, and we're all well aware of scams. Mommy might have mentioned to you, if ya ain't got nothing nice to say, keep quiet.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]