say hi to penelope and moti

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited October 24, 2005 in People
having a coffee with moti and penelope :D

what wonderful people... more later

no post proc, just a quickie...

39725862-L-1.jpg

probably one of the best times i've had in a long time. i don't think i've met such genuinely nice, friendly, funny people in a long time :D moti and penny are dear internet friends i've known for a long time, wonderful photographers both of them, too! penny has recently won a major award, and has a show featuring fifty of her works coming up in a few month's time in europe. moti makes some of my favorite images come to life!

it was such a pleasure to meet them both.

enjoy (meeting internet friends) photography,

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    You did the tilt again, the happy one. Made them smile.

You say "hi" to my people, I will say "hi" to yours.

But I did want you to know that I noticed the tilt.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Hi, dear friends. In Russian it will be Priviet!
    Yuri
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    what a wonderful couple
    probably one of the best times i've had in a long time. i don't think i've met such genuinely nice, friendly, funny people in a long time :D moti and penny are dear internet friends i've known for a long time, wonderful photographers both of them, too! penny has recently won a major award, and has a show featuring fifty of her works coming up in a few month's time in europe. moti makes some of my favorite images come to life!

edited October 12, 2005
    Oh, good lord, I couldn't look at anymore, first Penny's distinct favorite style, love that style (kind of flat, design, but images), the the wonderful sunflowers from Moti. When I came to the dog lying on the hand, eaten by envy and admiration, I came back to "dgrin", to visit them another day. Beautiful photograhy.

Hi, Moti, Hi Penelope!

You all come see me and tell me how to "see" like that.

ginger
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Mmmm, starbucks.

I'd say Penelope has the better pictures. yelrotflmao.gif
    edited October 12, 2005
    they look alike
    edited October 12, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    they look alike

don't we grow alike as we grow older together? or is that man and his dogs? ear.gif
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2005
    Both have some incredible work, very impressive stuff.... Sounds like you had a ball...

Ed

andy wrote:

edited October 12, 2005
    Hi, dear friends. In Russian it will be Priviet!
    Yuri

so cool, yuri!
  • penelopepenelope Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2005
    Andy's a terrific guy !
    Hi everyone.
    It was great to meet Andy at last after so long. He's a terrific guy and really made us feel welcome here in NYC. Filled us full of coffee and gave us some great tips on where to shoot in the rain without getting wet. Yes it's raining , non-stop, you guys in New York really know how to do rain!

I think it's wonderful that wherever we go in the world we meet up with internet friends, so cool!

We are off to Providence Rhode Island today and I'm really excited as although Moti has travelled extensively in the USA, its only my second visit and the first time I've been outside New York.

Love to everyone and thankyou for your comments
    clap.gif
    Penelope
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    penelope wrote:
    Hi everyone.
    It was great to meet Andy at last after so long. He's a terrific guy and really made us feel welcome here in NYC. Filled us full of coffee and gave us some great tips on where to shoot in the rain without getting wet. Yes it's raining , non-stop, you guys in New York really know how to do rain!

I think it's wonderful that wherever we go in the world we meet up with internet friends, so cool!

We are off to Providence Rhode Island today and I'm really excited as although Moti has travelled extensively in the USA, its only my second visit and the first time I've been outside New York.

Love to everyone and thankyou for your comments
    clap.gif
    Penelope
    Hi Moti and Penelope! loved looking at your shots this morning, quite made my day! Have a nice time in Rhode Island in the rain.. sorry bout the weather, it's a bit unusual for this time of the year. Nice to have nearly met you.
    Lynn
  • melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    So---Any-- Are you going to be in or around Raleigh, NC in April? like-- the 21st? Laughing.gif
    I'll be getting married and figured since you're not a busy guy (sarcasm) you could just enjoy the south :)Laughing.gif
    Missy Ü
    edited October 13, 2005
    So---Any-- Are you going to be in or around Raleigh, NC in April? like-- the 21st? Laughing.gif
    I'll be getting married and figured since you're not a busy guy (sarcasm) you could just enjoy the south :)Laughing.gif

are you proposing lol3.gif b/c i'm already taken missy :uhoh
    edited October 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    are you proposing lol3.gif b/c i'm already taken missy :uhoh
    Well no. But... I've been around long enough to see you spoil your wife with lovely gifts for all occasions. The idea is tempting.

I'm just looking for a good photographer to shoot our wedding.

I don't know where to start!

And good photographer is a synonym for Andy Willams :)
    Missy Ü
    edited October 13, 2005
    Well no. But... I've been around long enough to see you spoil your wife with lovely gifts for all occasions. The idea is tempting.

I'm just looking for a good photographer to shoot our wedding.

I don't know where to start!

And good photographer is a synonym for Andy Willams :)

darn, i was hoping i was being propositioned for some kinda southern-style shotgun and bbq ribs wedding lol3.gif

shucks missy - thanks for the so-kind words - the best photog i can recommend to you is in your backyard, our own patch29 - he does weddings bigtime and won't let you down deal.gif
    edited October 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    the best photog i can recommend to you is in your backyard, our own patch29 - he does weddings bigtime and won't let you down deal.gif
    He's in Georgia. I'm in North Carolina.

For that--- I should fly you down :)
    Missy Ü
    edited October 13, 2005
    He's in Georgia. I'm in North Carolina.

For that--- I should fly you down :)

he's got a motorcycle and loooooooves long rides deal.gif
    edited October 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    he's got a motorcycle and loooooooves long rides deal.gif
    Alright..... Show me his work Laughing.gif
    Oh wait, and what he charges! Laughing.gif
    Missy Ü
  • aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2005
    Shalom y'all--Moti and Penny---

Lovely works--both of you!!

Kol Hakavod.

Michal
  • motimoti Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    Hi everybody.

Just got back home from our US adventure and trying to settle down and to get rid of the jetlag. The trip was wonderful. Lots of work, lots of fun, lots of rain and plenty of great food (its all about...) but the highlight of NY was meeting with Andy. Pity the weather was so aweful so we couldn't even go shooting together. Hope next time.

It was great meeting you Andy and big thanks for your hospitality, your help and the good advises.
    BTW, we couldn't get a table at Wolfgang's so we ended at Bobby Van instead. Not quite Peter Luger but not too far either. However, the real treat was the week after, up in Maine where we had the lobster of our life... Photos will folow.

Thank you everybody for your lovely comments and Hag Sameah Michal

Cheers
    Moti