Makenzie and Jen Swimsuit Shoot

TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited August 3, 2011 in People
Well, I had a couple friends over to shoot some swimsuit shots. I wish we had the time to go outside more but we had only a few minutes outside but we did have some time in the studio during the middle of the day.

Here is one and I will post a few more as well as I finish up edits.
JAS-20110711593-Version-2-L.jpg

Comments

• TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2011
    Here is Jen

JAS-20110711612-L.jpg
  • ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2011
    They're both gorgeous women, but what is the point of the swimsuit shoot? Is it to sell the swimsuit? Because with Jen you can't really see the suit at all.
    edited July 29, 2011
    The idea was to have lots of looks that they can show on their website. It is a gym. So selling the suit was not the big focus the fact that a mother of two and her friend can wear them was. Interesting comment though. I appreciate it. They wanted some of them to be posed their way and I posed some of the shots my way. The variety of looks and over the top poses is to make people laugh at some of them when included on an email or printed media.
  • jpcjpc Registered Users Posts: 840 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2011
    If #1 is a mother of two, then that is impressive. Lighting is even on both, but Jen looks likes she's going to the bathroom. Not flattering.
    edited August 1, 2011
    Here is one of Jen where you can see her suit a bit more...
    JAS-20110711748-L.jpg
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    I agree on the "potty"shot. Look at the hands in post #1 then compare to post #6. Huge different in how the waist line is shaped. Always try to keep the thumbs back as in #1. In #6 it looks as if her weight is on her front leg which makes it bigger. Again compare #6 to #1 where her weight is on her hind leg which gives the impression of less weight. Always put the ladies weight on the rear leg.
    edited August 2, 2011
    Thanks I see what you are talking about. I think I have a few others where her weight is shifted.
    edited August 2, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    I agree on the "potty"shot. Look at the hands in post #1 then compare to post #6. Huge different in how the waist line is shaped. Always try to keep the thumbs back as in #1. In #6 it looks as if her weight is on her front leg which makes it bigger. Again compare #6 to #1 where her weight is on her hind leg which gives the impression of less weight. Always put the ladies weight on the rear leg.

Here she is with her weight on the back foot.

It is interesting how it changes the impression of the body.

I am primarily a Landscape guy but have found portraits to be a fun and interesting challenge. It is the ability to get good critiques that allows me to grow. I appreciate it.

JAS-20110711716-L.jpg
    edited August 2, 2011
    Here is a bit of a different pose of this same girl. I noticed her skin colors were not the same so I tried a different pose so as not to emphasis it.

JAS-20110711777-Version-2-L.jpg
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    One of the things I most love is portrait.
    One thing I've learned is to play with the angle of the subject body facing the camera.
    Your last two shots of Jen is a statement what I'm saying.
    Body position can make or break it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like them all but number 2.beer.gif