Ever Try A Facebook Ad?

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited August 5, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I was curious if anyone has tried a facebook ad in an attempt to drive sittings and what the results were.

Questions I would have are:

How much did you spend?
How many sittings did you get?
Which demographics did you target?

Anything else that might help with the decision to give it a try.

Thanks!

Comments

• idiotabroadidiotabroad Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2011
    I personally ignore all ads on my FB. I think they are annoying, I'm there to converse with friends NOT be sold something. And if the same one pops up multiple times and I remember it I normally make it a point NOT to buy anything from the company. Just my pennies.
    Mark

If you don't agree with me then your wrong.
    I can't be held accountable for what I say, I'm bipolar.
  • Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2011
    I personally ignore all ads on my FB. I think they are annoying, I'm there to converse with friends NOT be sold something. And if the same one pops up multiple times and I remember it I normally make it a point NOT to buy anything from the company. Just my pennies.

I have one consistently running, about 200this month clicks at .25. One booking for 250.oo shoot, one request for booking for wedding but I was not available.

Start low, then if you get no traffic then bump it up 10 cents...

It's hit or miss but I know get fans from it, and potentials
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2011

Don't forget that you're using someone else's idea, someone else's servers, and someone else's employees so that you can have a place to "converse with friends." If you choose to punish the companies who advertise on services you use, and thus punish the service company itself, you pretty much ruin any chance at survival or innovation in the future. Just my pennies as well.
    edited July 30, 2011
    It's FB Pupator, it will never die as long as there are people like Bryce willing to pay for space. I'm against the machine in this case.
    Mark

edited July 30, 2011
    Ohh and BTW were almost at a nickle... :) We could almost put our own ad up.
    Mark

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2011
    It's FB Pupator, it will never die as long as there are people like Bryce willing to pay for space. I'm against the machine in this case.

I think FB is a fad, and I believe it will die. I realize it can be useful, but seriously... you can't go anywhere in public these days without people staring down at a cell phone. Oh well. Just my pennies :D
    edited July 31, 2011
    6 pennies. Cannon guy that was my point, it's a fad. But it will continue as long as people are putting ads on there. I still like the pounding pavement method and networking face to face. In the cell phone age it's wise to make sure your webby loads in mobile devices. 2 more pennies, up to 8 cents.
    Mark

edited August 3, 2011
    My 10 dollars: facebook wont die as fast as myspace did because look at how many people dont have friend pages of 3000, 4000, etc. Google + is as facebook was in the beginning so both are trying to keep their users on their sites so they dont have to go anywhere.
  • fotoluv1220fotoluv1220 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 4, 2011
    FB ads can be a great way to get fans, especially if you are using it in tandem with a marketing campaign (like a contest) and a landing page. If you can set up the landing page so that people can sign up there for an email newsletter, you can keep marketing to them even if Facebook fades out of favor.

Although I love Google+, I think that a lot of people who have signed up for Facebook aren't tech savvy. They aren't going to move over to something else unless they have too. I think FB will be relevant for quite awhile and probably will become better with the competition from Google. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Jill
    http://jillsfotoluv.com
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2011
    Better question to ask yourself:
    Have you ever read a Facebook add. I never look at them.
    edited August 4, 2011
    YES Zoomer
    Mark

edited August 5, 2011
    I bet subconsciously you have seen them. I see them and laugh since they are all about 'photography' to me