shannon1d.jpg

shannon2.jpg

Comments

• garratt15agarratt15a Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    Nice shots. Nice looking model.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    Pretty girl..looks like she has a hangover in 1 and 3. Energy and personality go far in portraits. I like her pose and look in 2, not so much the setting and the tight crop. You have a great model to work with....keep at it.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Attractive shots (and model), so mainly positive reaction from me (I have no defenses against the 60s Brigitte Bardot + Riviera lookmwink.gif). The face and pose of the face are actually very much appreciated in the Arabic world.

Otherwise, some random thoughts - what about (high)lighting the model so there is greater separation, and dressing her skin with gloss - she looks a bit flat and matte against the backgrounds?

Some questionable bits - in #1 the right hand curled over and a different colour than the rest of the skin; in #2 the rough skin on the right elbow; in #3 they reckon don't show the armpit ne_nau.gif, and in all of them the deepest shadows on the skin, and in the folds of the skin, are a muddy colour - perhaps due to something in the processing? Also, is brown hair roots growing back under dyed blond so nice (but I might be seeing things)?

Did you use your beauty dish for these?

As I said, mainly like them, and look forward to more.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Number one is my favorite, there is separation from the background, but her right hand is holding the whole body from the fence or divider or whatever it is.
    The hand is not in a relaxed position and the color, because of the effort is different.
    No matter what, very nice model and pictures.
    Would like to see more of them.
    Ythumb.gif
  • ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Thanks, guys. There is a wall right next to her in #1 above. You can see it in #2. Her right hand is a different angle and is more out in the open where more light is hitting it. I didn't do much post on them.

This one I over exposed her lacey white shirt to give her an angelic look.
    imx7115.jpg

..... and a close up.
    imx76943.jpg
  • granite.thundergranite.thunder Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    I like that pose in 3. The spine and legs are structured great! Also the shape that the arms makes is geometrical.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    Thanks, guys. There is a wall right next to her in #1 above. You can see it in #2. Her right hand is a different angle and is more out in the open where more light is hitting it. I didn't do much post on them.

This one I over exposed her lacey white shirt to give her an angelic look.
    imx7115.jpg

..... and a close up.
    imx76943.jpg

These I also find attractive. I very much like the idea, and the pose, of the first, but I have to wonder what is making the skin tone orangey? The second is the best so far imo, the gloss on the skin is just what was needed. I think the face needs a little more highlighting, and the catchlights (eyes, lips, etc) a little more intensity. The image will gain a little more vitality, I think.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • janvtjanvt Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    attractive model, nice shots. just not too sure about her expression... a little too... um, surly? how about one of her laughing, I'm sure she has a pretty smile! ;)
    an umcomfortably attractive blend of sort of perverted but suprisingly sweet.

http://janvt.com
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    janvt wrote: »
    attractive model, nice shots. just not too sure about her expression... a little too... um, surly? how about one of her laughing, I'm sure she has a pretty smile! ;)

^ X 2thumb.gifthumb
    edited August 2, 2011
    Thanks, guys. Shannon has a very sultry look. I am shooting her again this weekend so I'll get some fun stuff with smiles then.
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    janvt wrote: »

Agree with all this down the line.

She's pretty and the technicals are good but she looks pissed, not sultry to me. With that said, I like # 3 for the win.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
    edited August 6, 2011
    IMX9445-XL.jpg

IMX9868-XL.jpg

imx01072.jpg
  • ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2011
    I think this is venturing into NSFW/Go-Figure territory...
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR