Old Bedroom

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited August 2, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I stumbled across a cool little wood frame awhile back in a thrift store, and immediately thought of this image.

Finally got to finish the project. The frame is an approximation done in PS.

I normally frame everything in a standard black frame, but I am thinking to do more of this.

Comments always welcome.

Sam

i-KTfWj5x-M.jpg

Comments

• WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    I think the frame adds a lot to this image. It almost feels like the frame and picture belong in that cabin.
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    WernerG wrote: »
    I think the frame adds a lot to this image. It almost feels like the frame and picture belong in that cabin.

x2 totally agree!
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2011
    That is a well done picturethumb.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Good one, Sam. A neat idea well executed.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Now, what would be the best choice for printing and framing this image??? headscratch.gif

thumb.gif:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 1, 2011
    Sam,

I'm a little unclear on your question. Are you asking whether we think the image would look good in a frame that sort of looks like what you dummied up in PS?
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Sam,

I'm a little unclear on your question. Are you asking whether we think the image would look good in a frame that sort of looks like what you dummied up in PS?

Richard,

I don't have any questions. I was just saying that while I normally frame my images with a white or black mat in a black metal frame, in the future I will look into different types of matting, frame material / colors to better compliment a particular image.

Also just sharing.............sometimes we all have these ideas for something, then when we finally get around to doing it the project doesn't meet our expectations. In this case I was able to create what I envisioned when I bought this little frame.

PS: Look better in real life then on here. :D

Sam
    edited August 1, 2011
    Got it. I generally just use black frames, mainly because they're the cheapest. This shot goes well with the wood. thumb.gif
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Good one, Sam.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Got it. I generally just use black frames, mainly because they're the cheapest. This shot goes well with the wood. thumb.gif

Cheap...............let me tell ya...the frame is in great shape but bought at a thrift store for $2.00 in nearly worthless US money.

In the US in addition to thrift stores we also have what's called garage sales. No they don't actually sell garages, but sell off all the junk, unused, or unwanted stuff they have accumulated. You can find lots of bargains, especially picture frames. They just don't sell well, and if you choose carefully you can end up with frame that looks new and is very affordable.

At the prices that can be negotiated you can afford to buy up a bunch and let them sit on the shelf until that just right image comes along.

Sam
    edited August 1, 2011
    lol3.gif

Hey Sam,

I live in Madrid but I'm American (grew up in Chicago and lived in SF for almost 20 years) and know all about garage sales, thrift shops and one or two other things mwink.gif. Actually, thrift shops are much less common in Spain and I kind of miss them. You can find cheap old frames in the flea market, but most of them are way too gaudy and tacky to be useful.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    I like the wood frame with this photo. I too use black a lot, but have used old barn wood for frames. They do add a wonderful touch to the right photo. This photo is perfect for grainy wood thumb.gif