Vegas HDR

PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited August 7, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I'm not really sure where to put these so I'll run them past the folks here to see what you think. They're not my normal style so I'm really interested to get your impressions.

These were all shot in Vegas, mostly at the Shops at Harrah's where they have some really amazing architecture.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

5994769152_b3374eb054_b.jpg

5994563184_9ac689e1fa_b.jpg

5994563100_8aaa823c68_b.jpg

5994563024_dfe730fce6_b.jpg
flickr
I welcome your feedback, but leave the editing to me - thanks!

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Very nice. A little heavy on the HDR treatment for my personal taste but then that is such a subjective position. Overall, though, these are appealing shots and you did a great job on capturing the grandeur of the place.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    Tom,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I pushed the HDR a bit; I was trying for something more like Trey Ratcliff and others. I may go back and rework these to get a more natural look to see how they turn out.

Thanks again,

Mike
    flickr
  • clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2011
    OMGosh!! I love these! I am an HDR fan however and like the heavier look when it is clean and not psychadelic in nature. The first is my fave!
  • PrevailingConditionsPrevailingConditions Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    OMGosh!! I love these! I am an HDR fan however and like the heavier look when it is clean and not psychadelic in nature. The first is my fave!

Thanks for such a nice comment.

Mike
    flickr
  • PeelerPeeler Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    Nice job on these! I'm a big fan of HDR when its done right. I really like the last one!
  • kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2011
    Very Nice. Like the low angle of number 1. The HDR looks great to me.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    I really like the different composition on #2!

HDR is heavy, but then again, I like it that way...
    Canon Fan
    edited August 3, 2011
    Tim, Keith, & TenThirteen,

Thanks for the nice comments and feedback. On that second one, I was really drawn to all the curves - almost like and Escher drawing. This is also the first place I've seen a curved escalator like this.

Thanks again,

Mike
    flickr
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2011
    Really am enjoying the rich colors and perspective shown in your compositioning. Very nicely done showing off these excellent interiors and the 1 exterior too. That one is way cool as well thumb.gif
    Michael
    edited August 4, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Really am enjoying the rich colors and perspective shown in your compositioning. Very nicely done showing off these excellent interiors and the 1 exterior too. That one is way cool as well thumb.gif

Thanks for commenting and for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoy them.

Mike
    flickr
  • jennejenne Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 7, 2011
    Hi Mike, being a HDR novice/dummie I was wondering what effect you had applied to your images so I'm glad I found out :). I think the top three are absolutely stunning, I just simply have fallen in love with #1, love the perspective. The architecture is simply stunning and your images show it off wonderfully well.